Associate Analyst E-SAM
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 23 Nov 17 2017-11-23
Associate Analyst E-SAM
Symphony Asset Management is a boutique alternative investment firm founded in 1994.Headquartered in San Francisco with an office in New York, Symphony manages $19.9 billion inassets for a global institutional and high-net-worth investor base. Symphony is an affiliate of Nuveen.
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Work with Fixed Income team investing across all credit asset classes, includingconvertibles, bank loans, and high yield products, both on the long and short side
* Research various industries and sectors to forecast business, industry and economicconditions for use in making investment decisions
* Perform fundamental analysis of individual companies and provide relative valueassessment of securities within a specific industry
* Perform due diligence and market checks on portfolio companies
* Relay daily news-flow for portfolio companies from multiple sources including researchpublished by investment banks, comments made by research analysis, daily volume andtrading flows and newspapers/periodicals
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 2 - 7 years of experience in investment banking, private equity or investment
management buy side firm, focused on fundamental credit research
* Strong math and analytical skills. High proficiency in Excel and financial modeling
* Excellent interpersonal skills, detail-oriented and be able to multi-task effectively
* Strong communications and writing skills
* Strong fundamental analysis and valuation skills
* Strong knowledge of credit markets
* Self-starter with ability to immediately contribute relative value and catalyst-driveninvestment ideas
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Only direct inquiries please.