Assistant Director, User Experience Designer/Senior User Experience Designer
Job Description The mission of Moody's Analytics is to help our customers make better, faster decisions. The User Experience Designer
is a key contributor to this effort. We are looking for a talented practitioner, collaborator and communicator, who drives the definition and delivery of exceptional user interface designs. This individual employs a user- centered design methodology to create intuitive, efficient and on-brand designs. The User Experience Designer works closely with user experience team members, product strategists and stakeholders to understand business goals and translate them into user interface designs that enhance the overall end user experience.
The User Experience Designer works in a multidisciplinary environment, and in a collaborative fashion, on user experience design activities throughout the software development lifecycle, often with numerous design initiatives occurring concurrently. Success comes from proactively understanding requirements, envisioning a better product offering, helping others understand and contribute to the vision, and maintain the key benefits of that vision through the inevitable trade-offs of the product development process.
Here are some more examples of what defines success in this role:
- Brings an open-minded, collaborative and curious approach to understanding inputs and feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Employs user-centered design methods to develop user interface artefacts such as use cases, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, and final user interface documentation
- Specifies efficient and intuitive interaction designs, backed up by dynamic prototypes and multiple rounds of feedback
- Simplifies and unifies complex information into intuitive interactions, flows, charts, graphs, and other forms of visual representation
- Specifies high-quality visual designs that are clean and coherent, contributing to better comprehension of complex data and simplifying complex workflows
- Validates design concepts and prototypes with stakeholders and customers, while remaining flexible and changing the designs when necessary
- Creates detailed specifications of interactions and visual designs to communicate with developers
- Performs quality assurance reviews of developed apps to ensure adherence to specifications
- Contributes to the creation of a pattern library, to maintain consistency in behavior and appearance across multiple products
- Participates in the definition of the user-centered design methodology, raising the profile of UX in the organization and the overall process maturity of the group
- Bachelor's degree or similar experience required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as a User Experience Designer of web applications and/or mobile user interfaces
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Practitioner with expertise in the design, production and presentation of user interface designs that support the needs of the customer
- Comfort with ambiguity, complexity and passion for challenges
- Strong attention to detail with ability to successfully execute on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Working Knowledge of design tools such as Adobe CS, Axure, HTML, CSS
- Experience in financial environment and cloud-based development preferred
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.