- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Director, Sr Product Consultant
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAThis posting is for a position within Risk and Finance Analytics (RAFA), a business unit within ERS. The successful candidate will work alongside other consultants and product managers to solve regulatory and business challenges faced by today's financial institutions. Generally, engagements involve the development, customization, and implementation of credit risk management and financial accounting solutions. Examples of analysis include forecasting defaults and recoveries, calculating expected credit loss, stress testing, internal risk rating quantification, and conducting other types of credit and finance-related analysis, often utilizing large datasets and Moody's software products.
Analysts will gain first-hand experience applying their skills to solve our clients' real-world problems, and to help interpret the results in a business context. Ideal candidates for this role will be able to lead work streams for client projects with limited oversight, have excellent organizational skills, be detail oriented, and possess strong quantitative or accounting backgrounds.
During a typical client engagement, you will begin by working with the client to understand the issue or challenge at hand. You will then help lead in the development of a plan to address the challenge, along with a team of business and technical analysts. The role requires thought leadership, strategic thinking, and proficiency with both technical and operational details of the solution.
Representative RAFA client engagements include risk rating enhancement, allowance quantification (CECL/IFRS 9), PD/LGD/EAD modeling, CCAR/DFAST stress testing, Basel II/III implementation, and economic capital analysis, risk-based pricing, and general credit and finance related advisory services. RAFA consultants work closely with colleagues from across Moody's Analytics.
Specific duties include:
• Lead project streams. Take ownership for specific deliverables associated with client engagements. Provide direction and assistance to the project team implementing Moody's software, performing analysis, developing models, producing documentation, and preparing presentations.
• Create confidence with clients. Demonstrate subject matter knowledge and a commitment to excellence to all current and prospective clients.
• Ensure that assigned deliverables are provided to clients on time and on budget.
• Demonstrate thought leadership. Show initiative and creativity in designing solutions for unique client challenges.
This position may be filled in either our New York City or San Francisco offices, depending on various factors including the preferences of the successful candidate. Travel requirements are generally around 20% to 40%, but the actual frequency may vary depending on client needs.
Required • Minimum five (5) years of experience with a financial institution, risk management consultancy/software vendor, audit firm, or national financial regulator.
• Experience with bank regulations and accounting standards, such as CCAR (DFAST), CECL, Basel II & III, model risk management guidance, etc.
• Minimum master's degree or equivalent from an internationally recognized institution. CPA, CFA, PRM, or FRM designations are a plus.
• Minimum fluency in English. Working knowledge of Spanish is a plus. Any other language proficiencies are helpful.
Preferred • Track record of working well in team environments and contributing innovative ideas.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a senior audience.
• Strong, proven analytical skills with ability to coach/guide less experienced analysts.
• Understanding of the organizational structure and business model of commercial banks. Similar understanding of investment banks a plus.
• Experience successfully designing and applying basic statistical tests (e.g., regression analysis, time series analysis, t-tests, etc.).
• Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Microsoft Project a plus.
• Knowledge of Moody's RiskCalc, CMM, RiskFrontier, RiskAnalyst, Lending Cloud, and CreditLens a plus.
• Experience implementing risk management or allowance software a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.