Assistant Director - Research
- Conducting sophisticated theoretical and empirical research on measurements of credit risk, fixed income valuation, commercial real estate research, and enterprise risk management
- Coordinating with financial researchers and data analysts on research projects
- Providing research support to the firm's prototype implementation and software development activities
- Assisting our marketing and client service teams and clients on the education and implementation of risk management technology
- Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences internally and externally
- Ph. D., or have completed all coursework required by a Ph.D. program, in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or a closely related field
- 2+ years of research experience
- Experience with statistical analysis and programming tools such as R, Python, or Matlab
- Experience with Compustat, CRSP or other related financial databases
- Experience with Machine Learning, AI and their applications in economics and finance is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.