- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Director - Project Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAThis is a unique opportunity to join a team who are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth.
We are looking for a scrum master to lead a development team in the delivery of quality software in an innovative and intellectually stimulating high integrity environment. This is a leadership role, responsible for the coordination and completion of the software development by serving as the central interface between diverse global work groups and promoting industry best practices. This role collaborates cross-organizationally with engineering, product solution and documentation teams.
An Assistant Director- Project Manager fulfils the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of software development projects throughout the organization that meet the required timeline, specification and quality standards.
- Facilitate scrum events such as sprint planning, daily meeting, show & tell and retrospective.
- Work with team project constituents to set deadlines, clarify responsibilities, identify risks and monitor release progress.
- Analyze project status data to review with the team.
- Prepare bi-weekly reports for upper management regarding status of projects.
- Guide and promote team transparency, maintain and manage clear and consistent project metrics.
- Foster team predictability, leveraging metrics to inform future planning.
- Coach the project team to adopt best practices for the development of products using Agile development methodologies.
- Facilitate retrospectives. Foster a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Identify dependencies and facilitate coordination with other teams
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Thorough knowledge of software development processes - especially Agile practices - is essential. Familiar with a variety of project management field's concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Experience in working with teams in distributed environments across the globe.
- Experience in continuous improvement of Agile development teams.
- Rely on broad experience managing teams to plan and accomplish goals and balance competing priorities.
- Strong team-building and influencing skills, a detail-oriented disposition and clear, concise communication skills
- Accountable, self-starter, team player, able to bridge across diverse teams, excellent facilitator, both in person and over the phone.
- Detail-oriented disposition and clear, concise communication skills.
- Understanding of the technologies used in software development
- Master's degree or other advanced education
- Business analysis experience or background a plus.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.