Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Would you thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know how important it is to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With over $10 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Role Summary
BlackRock Index Services (BIS) is responsible for the design, development, and administration of Fixed Income, Multi-Asset, and Equity indices used by both internal and external clients. Our success hinges on producing and supporting highly accurate, best-of-breed indices.
BIS is looking for an experienced investment analytics professional to join the Index Operations, Analytics, & Intelligence team to help design, implement, and support our indices and index business. Role Responsibilities
Experience and Skills
- Manage new index onboarding and integration into production environment
- Quality-control and publish daily index returns and risk analytics through BlackRock's proprietary Aladdin platform
- Ensure high quality data is delivered in a timely manner to our clients for use in investment management decisions.
- Investigate and resolve complex issues and perform ad-hoc analysis of large datasets, while meeting tight deadlines for client deliverables. Provide high-quality client service and address inquiries in a timely manner
- Remain current with BlackRock Aladdin tools and processes to ensure BIS' business processes remain at the cutting edge
- Understand investment analytics across fixed-income, equity, and multi-asset indices to help clients understand and interpret index exposures, and sources of risk and returns. Ability to effectively explain and summarize index behavior and performance
- Initiate and guide improvements to BIS' internal index platform to support new business needs, minimize risk and enhance the quality and scale of the business
- Project management for new index projects with responsibility for execution of index deliverables and coordination with colleagues across engineering, business management, market data, research, and production teams
- 3-5 years of experience in asset management or financial services
- Familiarity to Aladdin infrastructure tools and process (Green Package, Alpha, BondCalc, PMS, Dashboard, Portfolio Construction, Explore, PRISM, CRA, PRADA, etc.).
- Basic SQL and Python experience strongly preferred
- A reputation as a good communicator and the ability to distill sophisticated concepts and information
- Experience with financial market indices and concepts.
- Prior experience on large projects, with excellent attention to detail.
- BS/BA (or equivalent) or higher
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.