Analytics Researcher I-Life Sciences
We are looking to add a highly motivated Life Science Research Associate to bolster SVB's efforts to produce insights for a range of stakeholders on issues impacting the innovation economy.
This position offers the opportunity to join a team that applies subject matter expertise and advanced analytical skills to uncover insightful and actionable information impacting life science and healthcare, the venture capital industry, innovation ecosystem, and markets of strategic interest to SVB.
A qualified candidate is expected to be able to analyze qualitative and quantitative data inputs and connect this to the clients that SVB serves.
The candidate would be expected to provide their findings through a variety of mediums, including presentations, reports, blogs, etc.
• Produce research pieces that leverage SVB's unique vantage point within the venture ecosystem to gather market intelligence from working with a variety of groups across the organization and by leveraging public and proprietary data sources.
• Conduct interviews and perform market research to build expertise on a subject that will be delivered either internally or externally.
• Manage internal review processes with key stakeholders on sales teams and in marketing, legal and compliance functions across SVB.
• Progress the team's analytical discipline and provide suggestions for automating existing processes
• Lead long term projects to enhance the underlying data architecture and sales enablement from insights efforts. Qualifications
• Experience; 1+ years of experience in market research, strategy, venture capital, management consulting, entrepreneurship or other related discipline
· Bachelor's degree in a Life Sciences or Healthcare discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry or related Life Sciences or Healthcare field) or Business (Finance or Accounting) and an accomplished academic record
• Demonstrated Interest in the life science industry, private financing, and venture capital
• Demonstrated ability to interact with business leaders and executives
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills
• Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity, ownership, and attention to detail
• Ability to manage projects independently or in small teams with minimal oversight
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Familiarity with Python, specifically for data analysis and visualization
• Experience with financial databases preferred (S&P Capital IQ, PitchBook)