Analyst, Valuation Services Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps’ Valuation Services practice provides valuation and consulting for financial reporting, federal, state and local tax, investment and risk management purposes. Our Analysts interact with the highest levels of a company – CFOs, CAOs, Treasurers, Controllers and Tax Directors. Our Analysts receive world-class training, outstanding benefits, strong career progression, competitive salaries and relocation assistance when applicable.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Valuation Services Analysts work on a variety of assignments, including financial modeling performed for acquisitions using discounted cash flow, market approach and transaction approach analyses, reviewing equity and debt securities with hedge funds and private equity funds, purchase price allocations, intellectual property valuations, business unit and asset impairment valuations, intangible asset valuations and stock option valuations for multiple industries.
- Perform valuation analysis on a wide range of public and private entities within various industries using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Design and work with financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analyses
- Independently gather data pertinent to the engagement through direct client interaction and client site visits
- Assist in preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner
- Contribute directly to the development of proposals, presentations and publications communicated to current and prospective clients
- Perform in-depth client, industry, market and competitor research
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration (with a concentration in Accounting or Finance), Management (with a concentration in Accounting or Finance), Engineering (with a minimum of four Junior and/or Senior level courses in Accounting, Economics or Finance) or MBA from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum current cumulative GPA of 3.2
- Strong Excel & Microsoft Word skills
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, ability to manage time and workflow & focus on quality work
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability. Primary Location: Work Locations:
San Francisco (0406) 345 California Street, Suite 2100 San Francisco, 94104 Organization:
Full-time Job Posting:
Sep 8, 2020