Aladdin Business, Solutions Engineering, Vice President
Description About this role
BlackRock is looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer that will play an integral part in the initial phase of the client life-cycle. The Solutions Engineer supports pre-sales productivity and deal flow by providing functional and subject matter expertise in complex solutions. This individual will collaborate with sales, services, and product managers to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs. This client-facing opportunity requires meaningful interaction with prospects and clients in addition to light travel. In addition, the Solutions Engineering team works closely with the product group to both communicate market trends and functional requirements and provide feedback on the long-term roadmap strategy. Likewise, the Solutions Engineer serves as bridge between product and both internal and external constituencies to communicate product features and improvements.
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock's asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges.
BlackRock Solutions' eFront® platform is an end-to-end solution for alternative investment managers that combines portfolio management, investment due diligence, accounting and analysis tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, and operational efficiency.
The Aladdin Solutions Engineering team is seeking to hire an experienced alternatives technology specialist to accelerate the pace of their already fast-growing business. This person will be a member of the Business Development team working closely with their colleagues and owning the technical components of the sales process. This includes utilizing technical expertise in product demonstrations to showcase Aladdin and particularly eFront functionality in solving real investment challenges
What you will work on:
- Be a client-facing alternatives' specialist with outstanding presentation skills. Have knowledge of alternative asset/private equity concepts and workflows. Can communicate clearly and tie market themes with functional solutions. Be able to work in a fast-paced team setting.
- Respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) from potential clients.
- Coordinate and manage internal solution environments.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Develop and conduct client demonstrations.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers' met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, product, and service resources to align solution design with customers' business requirements.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing-related events.
- Communicate client feedback and new requirements to the Product team.
What we look for:
- Proven experience in a client facing role such as Professional Services Consultant, Sales Engineer, Project Management, or Solutions role (ideally within the Investment Management Industry)
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey sophisticated concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Experience presenting technical concepts and/or software to senior level business users.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong presentation and time management skills
- Ability to handle objections when challenged in a one on many situation
- Strong passion for the financial markets and technology (FinTech)
- Highly motivated, positive, entrepreneurial, can do attitude, creative, ownership driven, intellectually curious, multifaceted, confident, professional and goal-oriented with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Prior experience in the alternative investment management/private equity industry would be an advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.