Administrative Assistant, Institutional Client Business
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is sourcing for a dynamic and enthusiastic Administrative Assistant who functions in an efficient, detail-oriented, and proactive manner. The ideal candidate is a professional who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This individual will be supporting senior management and business development professionals in a global financial services firm, so must be extremely motivated, resourceful, organized, communicative, and able to leverage the managers' time by completing tasks independently with strong attention to detail. The position is based in San Francisco.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Support a team of business development professionals
- Responsible for the daily schedule of several individuals, anticipate necessary background material, directions and other items required for each activity on the schedule. Maintain busy calendars, schedule meetings, ensure managers arrive to meetings on time.
- Handle a broad range of duties from day-to-day operational activities to scheduling meetings and correspondence with clients and their assistants.
- Meet and greet visitors and clients, answering phones, coordinating conference rooms and meal arrangements.
- Handle a large volume of travel planning including airline reservations, hotel accommodations, car rental reservations, car service arrangements and driving directions as needed.
- Manage inventory of supply stock for the team daily.
- Process and track expense reports and reimbursements.
- Produce letters, memoranda, presentations, reports, etc. as necessary; proofread documents for appropriate grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Assist in presentation preparation.
- Provide core administrative support such as faxing, filing, and copying.
- Performing ad hoc projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent phone manner and management a must
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience - secretarial school a plus
- Minimum two years of corporate administrative experience in roles that interfaced with external clients and executive management
- Must have superior skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and proficiency knowledge in PowerPoint
- Experience and proficiency working with automated expense tracking, online travel etc.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and interact with senior management under highly demanding conditions
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
- Strong time management skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments, with a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Operates with discretion, keeping sensitive/confidential information private
- Displays willingness to accept responsibility and produce results
- High energy level
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
- Takes initiative and adapts to changing circumstances
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.