Manager, Home Office Supervision San Diego/en-US/External/job/San-Diego/Manager--Home-Office-Supervision_R-008314-1/apply
The Supervision Manager is responsible for the administration of Regional Supervisory Principals (RSP) engaged in the supervision of HOS advisors and OSJ managers in the South East Region.
The Supervision Manager leads and develops a team of Regional Supervisory Principals engaged in the supervision of HOS advisors and OSJ managers. Additionally, the Supervision Manager coordinates and strategically executes the oversight functions of Regional Supervision. This position will also include responsibility for leading special projects as defined by the management team and collaborating with employees at all levels throughout the firm.
- Staff Management - Responsible for hiring, training, and motivating staff. The Manager will provide ongoing support, coaching, feedback and developmental opportunities to address staff needs in order to engage them and help them be more effective and successful. The Manager will conduct staff meetings, team meetings, and one on one meetings in addition to goal setting and conducting employee evaluations including, but not limited to, quality control and task oversight.
- Service Management Must handle escalations and maintain positive relationships with Advisors, OSJ Managers and internally throughout the firm. Manager will engage and coordinate with Business Consultants and socialize concerns and escalated matters with senior leaders, as needed.
- Production Management Must ensure staff adheres to service level agreements. Strategize on approach to build or change current processes / procedures, including resources needed, requirements with which to comply, timeline for implementation, and ways with which to actively supervise these processes.
- Risk Management Utilizes risk based reporting to identify and ensure investigation of risk by advisor, branch, and/or territory. Must also analyze, coordinate and define risk for LPL in the scope of impending rule changes, business model needs, risk based mitigation approaches that may yield changes to functions, and departmental requirements. Understand and interpret rule requirements and the impact of their changes, updated policies and procedures, and the business needs of LPL, our advisors, and other departments.
- Must possess the ability to interpret federal and state regulations and develop and apply certain policies and procedures within the scope of the current regulatory environment in an attempt to mitigate risk and protect the firm. Must be able to communicate status and project outline to management and set the specific direction of a project, lead, and maintain an overall vision of the initiative/project
Other Job Duties:
- Interact appropriately and confidently with Senior Management.
- Prioritize tasks and project management
- Serve as a key contact for internal departments, such as Operations, Service Center, Legal and various departments across Compliance, Legal, & Risk (CLR).
- Anticipate the needs of LPL Financial and the CLR organization in order to be able to define next steps with projects and other functions and be able to independently drive/execute projects.
- Identify specific regulatory issues, the application of regulatory requirements, and provision of advice on these rules and create and maintain internal policies, controls, etc.
- Identify and report significant gaps in policy, procedure and controls to management, while offering corrective actions for consideration and implementation.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred
- Series 7, 9 and 10 OR Series 7, 24, 4, & 53. Series 66 (or S63 and S65)
- 5-7 years experience in compliance and regulatory matters
- Prior leadership/team management experience preferred
- Strong industry acumen, self-starter and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve, trouble shoot and follow-up are essential in this role
- Ability to define problem areas and analyze risk for LPL Financial and develop policy, procedure and controls to effectively supervise and mitigate said risk
- Must work well under competing deadlines and possess strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge in all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nations largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning lifes aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR-008314
As the nations leading independent broker-dealer*, we offer an
integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and
investment advisor services to more than 14,000 financial
advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions, enabling
them to help their clients turn life's aspirations into financial
realities. We also support more than 4,000 other financial
advisors with customized clearing solutions, advisory
platforms, and technology.
Weve told you what we do for our customers, but what can we
do for you?
Well provide you with a work environment that encourages your
creativity and growth, a leadership team thats supportive and
responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no
limits, only amazing potential.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017,
based on total revenue.