Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? SBA Credit Analyst Location US-CA-San Diego Job ID 32485 # Positions 1 Job Family Originations Support - Underwriting Type Full-Time
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at .
The SBA Credit Analyst will review and analyze SBA 504 & 7a loans, as well as Conventional CRE loans.
- Performs duties related to the credit review of manually underwritten SBA 504 & 7a loans, as well as Conventional CRE loans
- Refers to documented policies and procedures to guide and support the review and decision making process
- Seeks the advice of senior team members on more complex and questionable issues that are outside of the assigned scope
- Performs basic research together with financial and statistical analysis to determine and support the applicant’s credit worthiness.
- Prepares analysis, reports and presentations for review and approval
- Ensures all transactions and processing are in compliance with regulatory and CIT Bank guidelines, policies and procedures
- Spreads financial statements, tax returns and related information on borrower, guarantor and any affiliates to excel spreadsheets and/or software programs for analysis
- Reviews any spreads prepared by Referral Partner for accuracy to ensure all entries are correct and complete, all existing debt is included, and that initial DSCR is adequate to support the proposed debt
- If the request is not clearly within CIT SBA Lending credit guidelines or if there are issues that might cause the loan to be declined, discusses the loan request with the Underwriter to determine if a preflight with credit is necessary.
- Reviews the information received to date and completes a Loan Checklist to determine what additional information is needed to submit the request to credit and works with the Referral Partner or Borrower to obtain that information
- Prepares updated Checklists as required and as information is received, reviews and saves it to SBA SharePoint site in a Borrower’s File using the File Naming Convention
- Conducts credit investigations and prepares submission credit memo summarizing the business operation and the loan request including: use of proceeds, nature and history of the business, management experience, the source of the capital injection, justification for any addbacks to cash flow, explanation for any adverse business trends, any additional collateral to be taken, etc.
Ensures that obvious credit issues are addressed and explained
- Presents facts and offers opinions to Underwriter’s concerning applicant’s credit worthiness.
Supports Underwriter to complete package and submission credit memo to the and coordinates the receipt of any further information required
- Monitors and updates SBA Pipeline as all assigned loans move through.
- Demonstrates compliance with all CIT Bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities
- Knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training. May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Two years of credit or underwriting experience at a Bank is desired
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong math aptitude, organizational and analytical skills
- Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs, Excel analysis required
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally
- Knowledge of SBA loan structuring, underwriting, documentation and credit
- Knowledge of SBA 7a, 504 and CAP line programs, and eligibility requirements is helpful.
- Formal Credit Training is a plus
- Exceptional analytical, reasoning, organization, problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed CIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: