C++ Field Service Representative
AE 1107C Field Service Representative San Diego/en-US/professional/job/San-Diego/AE-1107C-Field-Service-Representative_JR6056814/apply Job Description
AE 1107C Field Service Representative
MCAS Miramar - San Diego, CA
As an AE1107C Field Service Representative for Rolls-Royce, youll play a key role supporting the AE 1107C propulsion system. This is an exciting opportunity as youll work to review and analyse data to determine cause and assist in determining corrective maintenance actions, as well as guiding the customer to ensure optimal aircraft operational availability and readiness.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
Were the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Managing all technical and support chain matters that impact the customer relationship
- Establishing and maintaining close liaison with all relevant sections of customer organization, and Rolls-Royce management.
- Utilizing and supporting Rolls-Royce and customers databases and diagnostic software programs on generated technical queries.
- Comply with any requirement to relocate assignment as determined by the business and/or the customer to ensure company business objectives and contract deliverables are met and customer operational needs are supported.
- Ability to travel on short notice domestically or internationally in support of campaigns, aircraft on ground (AOG) support, and customer requests for extended periods of one month or more. Serving in remote and austere environments for extended periods in excess of seven months. In addition, have the ability to obtain a secret security clearance to perform deployed duties.
- Reviewing engineering changes with regard to their effect on the product in the field, including maintenance manual updates and coordinate communication plans with customers on impact on operations.
- Ability to meet certain requirements for visual acuity, as outlined in the Authorized Field Service Representative program, for purposes of performing essential job functions, such as visual inspection of hardware for serviceability.
- Ability to meet fitness for duty requirements as mandated by and administered under United States government contracts when selected for deployment
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic
- An Associates degree with 6+ years of experience in jet engine maintenance and/or an aviation in-field customer support role OR;
- A Bachelors degree with 2+ years of experience in jet engine maintenance and/or an aviation in-field customer support role OR;
- A Master`s degree with 0+ years of experience in jet engine maintenance and/or an aviation in-field customer support role OR;
- In lieu of degree 10+ years of experience in jet engine maintenance and/or an aviation in-field customer support role
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain secret security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
- Prior military experience
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License
Pioneer an enduring legacy. Join us and youll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Were committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful well be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy .
Closing date: Monday 16th December 2019 Job Category
Field Services Posting Date
06 Dec 2019; 00:12Posted TodayFull timeJR6056814
Rolls-Royce pioneers cutting-edge technologies that deliver the cleanest, safest and most competitive solutions to our planets vital power needs.