Wealth Management Regional Consultant - Southern California, Vice President
We are currently hiring for a leadership role within State Street Global Advisors U.S. SPDR Business. In this role, you will work with a team of external and internal wholesalers in an effort to build relationships with top financial advisors in the Private Wealth Management Channel as well as provide valuable client solutions to assist advisors in growing their business using State Street's investment products. You should be recognized as a reliable and trusted advisor and champion the Americas SPDR ETF agenda. The position will be based in Southern California As Wealth Management Regional Consultant :
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- You will personally own key client and strategic partner relationships as a member of the Global SPDR Business. The position will cover financial advisors at National Broker Dealers, Private Banks and Regional Broker Dealers in the Southern California market.
- You will identify the needs of our clients varying business practices and regularly provide meaningful market insights, product information, investment ideas and sales support.
- You will have a keen investment acumen and operate as an expert on State Street Global Advisors & SPDR ETFs portfolio management expertise, maintaining a deep knowledge of positioning, holdings and investment results. You will effectively educate clients and prospects on our product line's features and benefits and what differentiates SPDR from our competitors.
- The position will cover National Broker Dealers, Private Banks and Regional Bank Advisors in the Southern California market.
- You will cultivate new and existing relationships, and drive SPDR Net New Revenue and Net New Assets with the highest areas of concentrated wealth within the channel.
- You will be responsible for leading and coordinating travel throughout the Region with various partner firms and index providers including Nuveen, Blackstone Credit , World Gold Council, DoubleLine Capital, MSCI, and S&P.
- You will build and maintain relationships with key internal business partners, including Internal Sales, Marketing, Research, and Client Enablement Teams to effectively deliver ETF resources to clients, including comparative analytics, capital markets insights and actionable investment ideas.
- You will partner with an Internal Sales Team to effectively deliver ETF resources to clients, including comparative analytics, capital markets insights and actionable investment ideas.
- You will facilitate an understanding of the Global SPDR business and its strategy and priorities.
- You will mentor and groom internal peers on the team.
- You will deliver risk excellence and comply with the sales supervision culture that demonstrates and promotes the highest ethical standards.
- You will demonstrate initiative to continuously hone sales skills and pursue professional development.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Series 7 and 63 licensed
- Investment industry designations such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA) desired
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the investment management industry with 5 years in Sales/Business Development.
- Strong technical ability and investment acumen
- Strong product knowledge of ETFs, mutual funds, separate accounts and related products
- Self-motivated individual that can work both independently and within a team structure
- Demonstrates integrity; high energy and motivation to succeed
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication and sales presentation skills
- High energy, motivated individual, with a dedication to excellence
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly while applying creativity
About SPDR ETFs:
SPDR ETFs are a comprehensive family spanning an array of international and domestic asset classes. SPDR ETFs are managed by SSgA Funds Management, Inc., a registered investment adviser and wholly owned subsidiary of State Street Bank and Trust Company. The funds provide investors with the flexibility to select investments that are precisely aligned to their investment strategy. Recognized as an industry pioneer, State Street created the first U.S. listed ETF in 1993 (SPDR S&P 500® - Ticker SPY) and has remained on the forefront of responsible innovation, as evidenced by the introduction of many ground-breaking products, including first-to-market launches with gold, international real estate, international fixed income, and sector ETFs. For more information, visit spdrs.com About State Street
What we do . State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow . We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility . We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers