VP, Advanced Threat Analyst
Who we are looking for
State Street seeks to recruit a Cyber Fusion Advanced Threat Analyst to enable the transformation from a legacy Security Operations Model, to a pro-active intelligence driven fusion model that better protects State Street, its customers and partners from the ever evolving and sophisticated global threat actors.
The Cyber Fusion Advanced Threat Analyst will be part of a high performing Advance Threat team focused on threat hunting, collaboration, intelligence sharing, incident response, SIEM content, automation and orchestration of security operations. This position will report up in through the Global Cyber Security Organization and will report directly to the VP/Manager of the Advance Threat Team. What you will be responsible for
Reports to: Cyber Fusion Advanced Threat Manager What we value
- Collaborate with Cyber Architecture and Engineering team to assist with the design, implementation, and administration of various security technologies which are relate to threat hunting, threat detection, and the overall Cyber Fusion Center
- Work closely with counterparts in IT and across the Cyber Fusion Center to align technical solutions with business needs.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Collaborate with Cyber Intelligence, Security Operations Center analysts, and Offensive Security analyst to effectively conduct tactical and strategic threat hunting efforts that are pertinent to State Street and its subsidiaries and affiliates
- Assist with the identification of logs sources that are valuable to threat hunting and detection
- Assist with the onboarding and tuning of log sources to provide better effectiveness
- Extensive knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) groups and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures used by APT groups
- Knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and its usage for improving threat detection and prevention capabilities
- Ensure the effective management and delivery of cyber fusion services
- Support development and implementation of Cyber Fusion Center strategies aligned to key State Street risk and business needs,
- Support the design and implementation of Cyber Fusion Center/SOC operating models, identifying, evaluating, and providing solutions via a threat and intelligence based approach
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with the intention to exceed client expectations
- Work cross-functionally with team members to support and drive a collaborative team environment
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5-10 years of experience in cyber security, information security, a security related field, or other complex information risk management function
- Ability to communicate with and appropriately influence all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and organizational/time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to "roll up sleeves".
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Intellectually curious and willing to invest time in researching areas outside current knowledge base/skill set.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Information Security, Engineering or equivalent experience and certifications (such as OSCP, OSCE, GREM, GCFA, GNFA, etc.)
Why this role is important to us
- CISA, CRISC or a CISSP is required
- Previous experience in banking industry a plus
Our information security function, Global Cyber Security (GCS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers