Who we are looking for
As a member of the Client Service Operations team, you will act as a point of contact for operational activities and client inquiries. In this role, you may have daily contact with Client Service, Client Management, Centers of Excellence and Business Unit Shared Service teams. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
Perform assigned daily operations and processes including, but not limited to:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Perform customized client activities and ad-hoc client requests as appropriate and in conjunction with BU Client Service.
- Account Administration including account openings, billing set up, tax reclaims/tax documentation, market openings/exits/updates, security registration/system access/ID administration and FAR set up
- Calculates NAV and performs end of night tie out by reconciling final net assets and related data between NAV alert, MCH and Navigator.
- Disseminates NAV's in an accurate and timely manner
- May monitor and review daily work of Client Operations Specialist 1 or 2 to ensure accurate and timely calculation of Net Asset Value, if required. May perform the duties of Sr. Client Operations Specialist, as needed.
- Monitors day-to-day service delivery of Shared Service teams and CoEs for assigned accounts.
- Online support for various client-facing applications, set up, training, resolving data integrity issues, assisting with new product rollouts.
- Production of client-customized reporting; collection of data and production of customer report cards
- Assist with data collection for risk/compliance reporting
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries from operational CoEs, BU Shared Services and BU Client Service.
- May monitor and review daily work of other Client Support Specialist 2 to ensure accurate and timely execution. May performs the duties of Senior Client Support Specialist, as needed.
- Elevates unresolved issues/problems to Senior Client Support Specialist.
- Maintains appropriate documents required for fund audits.
- Provides on the job training to new staff and assists new staff with attainment of understanding job responsibilities once up to speed on job responsibilities .
- Remains familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we value
- Bachelor's degree with business related coursework or degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred.
- Ideal candidate has minimum 1 year of related custody and/ or fund accounting experience.
About State Street What we do.
- Strong computer competence (Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, etc.)
- Accuracy and detail-orientated
- Aptitude for math
- Interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Multitasking capability
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines driven environment
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street's COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.