This job posting isn't available in all website languages ☰ Building Engineer, Critical Data Centers New Real Estate 20000818 Requisition #
Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents. Job Description:
Essential Job Duties:
The Critical Data Center Building Engineer performs the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Data Center facilities and equipment to keep building assets at the highest degree of care, value and reliability. The position holder must understand base building and critical environment infrastructure and have experience in performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on all base building and critical system equipment, including electrical, HVAC, fire/life safety, security and emergency back-up systems.
- Identify and be able to immediately recognize system faults and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Method of Procedures (MOP) and Emergency Operating Procedures (EOP) established for the critical environments, as well as the formal change control process.
- Maintain strict compliance with all Federal, State and Local codes, regulations and standards.
- Operate machinery to approved specifications ensuring no downtime attributed to poor operations. Perform preventive maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment.
- Perform tests, rounds and analyzes data to ensure the proper functioning of equipment.
- Monitor the operation and make customer approved adjustments of chilled water systems, heat exchangers, CRAC Units, HVAC, electrical systems, emergency back-up systems, hot water systems, pumps, valves, filters and other mechanical and electrical equipment. Record readings and make recommendations for adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment.
- Analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Prepare and maintain maintenance logs and reports. Maintain knowledge about preventive maintenance and work order software systems.
- Coordinate contractor and management approvals for work orders that require the use of outside contractors. Maintain detailed logs of all work performed.
- Perform all assigned work as to ensure the safety of the buildings tenants and the continuous operation of the facility.
- Maintain organized building files.
- May be on-call after regular scheduled hours.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience:
Benefits and Perks:
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum of 5 years previous critical data center operations engineering experience.
- CFC Certified Certification for handling refrigerants a plus.
- Proficient computer and email skills.
- Proficient with Building Automation Systems.
- Must have the ability to complete required safety classes that pertain to specific job duties.
- Familiarity with preventative maintenance and work order software systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks).
- Generous healthcare.
- Bright Horizons back-up care program.
- Generous paid time off.
- Education reimbursement.
- Referral Program.
- Opportunities to network and connect.
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
© Taleo Social Sourcing. All rights reserved. 0 0