Account Executive - West Coast, VP
The institutional asset management industry is evolving. Institutional investors need more than products, they need advice and solutions that help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is seeking an institutional sales person who can excel in that environment and partner with others on the team to do the same. Are you that individual?
As an Account Executive within our Institutional Client Group, you will focus on business development efforts with institutional prospects in the Americas in the West region. You will be responsible for helping to drive our sales strategy and expand State Street Global Advisor's market share with institutional relationships by driving growth across our full product suite, including index, actively managed and multi-asset class strategies. To execute that strategy, you will be responsible for creating, identifying, advancing, and closing new business opportunities in a manner that leads to the successful achievement of robust activity and sales targets. You will engage internally across the organization to partner with the product, marketing and investment resources of the firm to address the ever-changing needs of institutional investors and translate these needs into actionable ideas from the SSGA toolkit. Do you have the experience and skill needed to move this business forward?
To be successful, you will need to become the subject matter expect on your book of business, combining that expertise with a deep understanding of SSGA's investment capabilities, product and service offerings, culture and vision in order to effectively communicate each in a compelling way. You will also need to build positive relationships across the broader sales, relationship management, product marketing, operations, legal, compliance and other internal teams critical to the end-to-end client lifecycle. You will also engage with colleagues across State Street divisions to best position SSGA and broader firm solutions to our clients and prospects.
This role is part of and reports to the Head of Corporate/Not For Profit in the Americas Institutional Client Group. The role will work closely with the head of the West region to determine coverage model and targets.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
• 5 - 10 years experience and a successful track record selling to institutions, including successful positioning of active strategies and exceeding growth targets
• Demonstrated track record of success building complex solutions with and for clients, including actively managed and multi-asset class strategies
• You have the ability to build mutually valuable relationships with clients and prospects that meet their needs while also aligning with SSGA's long-term revenue and profitability goals
• Existing industry profile and relationships is preferred and can help accelerate the success of sales initiatives
• You are able to build executive-level relationships, including C-suite engagement, that result in mutually beneficial partnerships
• Strong technical ability, investment acumen and the ability to understand and appreciate the details
• You have a record of setting, measuring, meeting and exceeding sales targets
• Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple simultaneous priorities and initiatives
• You are able to utilize data and metrics to achieve strategic objectives
• You possess excellent problem solving and influencing skills
• Demonstrated ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with prospects, clients and internal colleagues
• Ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A positive, can-do attitude with the ability to motivate and inspire others
• An insatiable desire to win
• MBA, CFA or similar preferred
• Series 7, 63 and 3 required
ABOUT STATE STREET
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.