• Support underwriters and agents in accessing the breadth of our products and markets
• Bind risk, post the invoice and process technical data into ConceptOne as well as other on-line formats.
• Screen renewal applications, perform some of the underwriting and prepare the quotes for underwriter approval
• Maintain producer files including distribution of marketing brochures and mailing contract information to new producers
• Maintain quality of end product verifying prepared documents follow established procedures
• Handle endorsement requests and referrals to the underwriter as necessary
• Follow up for any outstanding information needed to complete the underwriting file
• Order and follow up on inspections and referral for the underwriter as necessary
• Opportunity to learn the business and grow into an Underwriter role
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 2 years of Property & Casualty underwriting support experience preferred
• Insurance experience in underwriting support with excess and surplus lines preferred
• B2B Sales & Marketing experience preferred
• Competitive base compensation
• Health benefits & 401K with employer match
• Employer paid continuing education courses and designations
• Many opportunities for career advancement
This is an outstanding opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, drive for career advancement and desire to develop relationships while helping to grow a book of business.
Burns & Wilcox is the nation’s largest independent wholesale insurance broker and underwriting manager. In 1969, the late Herbert W. Kaufman recognized an opportunity to fill a void in the industry by establishing Burns & Wilcox as a wholesale brokerage and underwriting organization that would provide brokers and agents with unique access to a variety of insurance markets and help place their specialty risks. Today under the leadership of Mr. Kaufman’s son, Alan Jay Kaufman, that entrepreneurial spirit is thriving as Burns & Wilcox offers comprehensive solutions for retail insurance agents of all sizes, from the large alphabet houses to the more than 30,000 brokers and agent partners worldwide.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The H.W. Kaufman Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status or condition protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS