Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Associate Banker Location US-CA-Palos Verdes Peninsula
Job ID 2020-7997
Category Branch Banking
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
Being the next generation Associate Banker at East West Bank means you are part of a world-class team that focuses on delivering a high quality, high-touch and high-tech relationship banking experience across all customer touchpoints.
As an Associate Banker, you will play a key role in
- helping customers with their day-to-day financial needs
- recommend the right product that fit customer’s need
- connecting customers to Subject Matter Experts in Wealth Management, Mortgage and Commercial teams for their specialized financial needs
- introducing the bank’s latest technology products to meet our customers’ expanding needs
We will help you grow your career at East West Bank by providing you with ongoing training to expand your business knowledge, grow your digital acumen, and build long-lasting relationships with our customers.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills; assist customers with financial transactions such as cash withdrawals, deposits, transfers, loan/credit card payments, wire transfers and foreign currency exchange
- Document large deposit over Currency Transaction Reports
- Identify fraudulent activity to prevent potential loss to the bank
- Ensure financial transactions are completed accurately and efficiently, while complying with all policies, procedures and regulatory and banking requirements
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customers and cultivate new customer relationships
- Cross sell and refer bank products such as (depository products, wealth management, mortgage) that fit customers’ needs
- Have strong knowledge in using digital resources and technologies to optimize clients’ digital banking experience
- Is confident in educating clients on conducting banking transactions online, via mobile app and self-service portals
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and adapt to new processes and technology platforms quickly
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- 1 year of recent customer service and cash handling experience
- 1 year of previous teller / new account experience in a banking institution preferred
- Ability to learn products, services, and procedures quickly and accurately
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to details and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Flexibility to work on weekends when needed
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you! East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS