Senior Billing Associate
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Billing Associate Job Locations US-CA-Rancho Cucamonga Req No. 2020-4812 Category Business/Client Support Type Full-Time
CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We’re creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you’re passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Senior Billing Associate to assist with financial records and confidential reports within the billing department. Responsibility will include maintaining client account reconciliations, calculating and entering billing item entries. Reconciles, analyzes, and rolls forward invoice disputes and account balances. Prepares, analyzes, and processes client billing line items, maintains accounts receivable, and reviews the data produced by Billing Associates to ensure billing records are accurate, by performing the following duties.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Maintains accuracy of client billing by updating SQL database used to generate billing load by maintaining customer records with client specific identifiers.
- Collects, prepares, analyze and processes via SQL database over 90+ billing source files from internal and external sources used to generate billing line items related to the switch and support activity.
- Assist in managing billing data, identifiers, source setup, etc. in Billing DB to ensure accuracy of data.
- Review and validate final reconciliations are completed and accurate for all billing source files.
- Review client invoices and reviewing trends to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and consistency.
- Performs monthly account analysis and reconciliations for various clients.
- Responsible for daily or monthly review and research of exception items.
- Assist management in examining work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Assists in reviewing and standardizing procedures to improve efficiency of the department.
- Provides resolution to high volume customer inquiries in a timely manner while demonstrating excellence in customer service.
- Assists in month end closing, as required.
- Responsible for understanding contracted services related to client contracts and amendments to assist with identifying special pricing and product support fees as necessary.
- Evaluates and understands different types of products, support services, and transaction types to become proficient and effective in the billing process.
- Responsible for special projects as designated by management.
- Must react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Regular attendance and punctuality as a full time employee in order to daily exercise all of the essential functions.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What Youll Need to Succeed
- Successful candidate will have three years of previous accounting-related experience.
- Strong understanding of contract and incentive terms and provisions outlined in various client documentation (e.g. MSA, pricing agreements, price quotes, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (i.e. Pivot tables, Vlook-ups, etc.) and Microsoft Access.
- Working knowledge of Softrax and/or Great Plains is desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Outlook, Excel).
- Knowledge of SQL and Access databases are desirable.
- Monarch experience preferred.
- Understanding of accounting systems and procedures essential.
- Critical Thinker.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage large amounts of detailed information.
- Advance verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must be a self-motivated.
- Works well under stringent deadlines
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Must react to change productively.
- Takes the initiative.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and problem solve.
- Ability to management time effectively
- Must be able to multi-task.
Why Join CO-OP?
Get ready to be part of the exciting, ever-evolving and growing credit union movement! As a CO-OP employee, you’ll have a chance to directly impact the access of financial opportunities to individuals and communities – and you’ll help drive the future of fintech at an energetic organization where contributions are valued, and innovation is championed.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS