Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Sales Engineer Job Locations US-CA-Rancho Cucamonga
Req No. 2020-6186
CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We’re creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you’re passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Senior Sales Engineer to sell the full suite of organizational products and solutions for net new sales, add-on product sales and renewals. This position serves as an industry expert in payments platforms and an expert solution specialist on all CO-OP products and technology services. Actions taken by Sales Engineers are in support of the Sales Team consisting of Regional Sales Managers (RSM) and Client Business Executives (CBE). Additional responsibilities include ongoing support to internal partners and teams who service existing CO-OP clients and renewals including Client Business Manager (CBM).
What You Can Look Forward to
- Exhibits proficient mastery of all CO-OP products and technology solutions as well as infrastructure including, but not limited to, ATM/Debit Processing, Fraud and Analytic tools, Shared Branching, Call Center Support, Digital, Credit Processing and add on services demonstrating technological advances and articulating product capabilities.
- Accompanies Regional Sales Managers or Client Business Executives to client meetings to provide expert technical and product support during the sales cycle.
- Acts as trainer and mentor to provide expertise and skilled support for CO-OP’s full suite of solutions.
- Gathers and maintains competitive intelligence; uses this knowledge to educate both clients and co-workers on where CO-OP products fit into the competitive spectrum.
- Evaluates and understands market changes and significant events and reports to CO-OP Financial Services management.
- Demonstrates clear understanding and effective communication of how CO-OP solutions relate and provides support as needed/requested from the product groups and business partners.
- Presents and demonstrates processing solutions and proposes value differentiators within the competitive landscape.
- Conducts periodic presentations and/or trainings as needed or required both internally and externally. Serves as an educational resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Participates on Product Launch Teams at the request and direction of Product Development.
- Participates in various meetings, conferences, and presentations as assigned and provides support when requested for preparation, review and/or delivery of formal presentations.
- Navigates the competitive landscape; understands and articulates the CO-OP value proposition.
- Provides market intelligence and feedback to the membership, product and marketing teams and business partners regarding evolving client needs and product direction/strategy.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What Youll Need to Succeed
- Completion of high school, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field plus five to eight related financial services experience, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Experience in sales, operations, marketing, and/or relationship management are required.
- Previous transaction based services experience required.
- Three years’ experience in the payments industry required.
- Ability to travel 50-60%; must have own vehicle, auto insurance, and a valid driver's license.
- Strong and effective presentation/demo skills over the phone as well as in-person.
- Strong problem solving skills in an evolving industry with ability to adapt effectively to change.
- Independent critical thinking skills with ability to proactively anticipate and problem solve.
- Strong verbal reasoning skills and excellent communication abilities – both written and verbal.
- Must demonstrate initiative and commitment in supporting attainment of sales revenue goals and objectives.
- Must be a successful individual contributor as well as an effective team member.
- Must exhibit effective emotional maturity while interacting with existing/potential clients and sales team as well as internal and external resources.
- Excellent active listening skills and critical perceptive abilities to understand each opportunity including decision makers and influencers in the evaluation sales process.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong mathematical skills and spreadsheet competency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM platforms and related internal tools.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Software Powered by iCIMS