Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Enterprise Risk and Controls Manager Job Locations US-CA-Rancho Cucamonga | US-IA-Des Moines | US-GA-Duluth Req No. 2019-4240 Category Professional Type Full-Time
CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We’re creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you’re passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Enterprise Risk and Controls Manager to utilize the company’s risk management framework to identify, assess, monitor, and mitigate enterprise-wide risk. Primary role is to implement and manage the controls and issues management programs for the organization. The Risk and Controls Manager is responsible for ensuring adherence to the governance of the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls, including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating remediation, and monitoring the first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environments. Additionally, this role will analyze, create, and report risk metrics to senior management.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Participate and assist with enterprise-wide risk workshops.
- Partner with key stakeholders on controls, or new product control design.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of established controls.
- Identify opportunities for improvement that will strengthen the overall control environment.
- Translate control deficiencies into action plans.
- Partner with process owners to identify control failures, and assesses the impact.
- Make recommendations to drive improvement efforts and participates in the remediation through action plan coordination and support.
- Monitor and manage risk remediation efforts to closure.
- Advise senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses.
- Follow documented processes to escalate issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide education and training to internal business partners on control design and effectiveness, and appropriate risk treatment.
- Analyze data to create and report metrics and corresponding reports for senior management.
- Support ongoing maturation of risk program by researching, making recommendations, and implementing agreed upon ERM best practices, tools, and methodologies as a means to improve understanding and communication of risks.
- Serve as liaison between department and stakeholders on enterprise risk.
- Partner with IT and Information Security to align cross-departmental risk management practices.
- Assist in developing and training a “risk champions network” to develop and mature a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification throughout the company.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What Youll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field plus 7+ years of related experience in enterprise risk management, assessing and articulating risks in complex business environments, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Experience conducting risk assessment workshops, as well as analyzing, creating, and presenting senior level metrics/reporting.
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and managing GRC technology tools.
- Thorough knowledge of risk best practices, standards, and regulatory requirements (e.g. NCUA, FFIEC, PCI, SOC, etc.).
- Thorough knowledge of risk related policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Proficient PC knowledge and the use of standard software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as ability to prioritize workload using good judgment, while balancing the need for an immediate response with accuracy and completeness of information.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills and the ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems, driving solutions to completion.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, while meeting demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to apply risk management concepts to support strategic decision-making.
- Strong business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Strong understanding of IT and Information Security concepts as they relate to risk.
Why Join CO-OP?
You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver. We are committed to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS