Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Internal Auditor Job Locations US-CA-Rancho Cucamonga Req No. 2019-3415 Category Professional Type Full-Time
CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We’re creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you’re passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Internal Auditor to contribute to the Internal Audit Department by providing independent, objective assurance and consulting/advisory services to improve the organization’s operations. The Internal Auditor determines that internal systems and controls are adequate and effective, including verifying the existence of assets and the maintenance of proper safeguards for their protection. The Internal Auditor also ensures that organizational policies and procedures, appropriate laws, and good business practices are followed.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Perform individual internal audit projects (operational, financial, compliance, and IT) as outlined in the Internal Audit Plan and any special reviews that arise. This is performed under the direction of the Senior Internal Auditor.
- Identify key control points and weaknesses within the system or function being audited, and develop process improvement recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, process gaps, improving operations, and reducing cost.
- Document audit work and findings in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Review internal policies and procedures to ensure they are written clearly, comprehensively, provide sufficient internal controls, and are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain a strong process owner focus by serving process owner needs and developing productive working relationships. Stay abreast of current business developments relevant to the process owner’s business. Respect and protect confidential client information.
- Determine whether proper segregation of duties and dual controls are in place throughout the organization.
- Provide frequent progress and status updates to the Senior Internal Auditor and Manager, Internal Audit.
- Champion internal controls and corporate governance concepts throughout the organization.
- Assist in conducting periodic follow-up reviews to evaluate the adequacy of Management’s corrective action plans.
- Participate in training sessions related to internal audit and risk management via webinars and trainings.
- Conduct branch audits for management to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations; ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, laws and government regulations.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Coordinate and documents investigative activities related to fraud or losses, prepare written reports of findings, prepare and testify in courts when necessary.
- Coordinate investigative efforts with law enforcement officers when necessary.
- Assist in developing and conducting organization wide security and compliance training.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and standards, including experience in applying them to perform and report on the assessment of controls in place.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What Youll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 2-3 years previous internal audit, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage programs and projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project).
Why Join CO-OP?
You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver. We are committed to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS