Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Billing Associate Job Locations US-CA-Rancho Cucamonga
Req No. 2020-6200
Category Business/Client Support
CO-OP Financial Services is bringing digital transformation to the credit union movement. We’re creating innovative technology solutions that help not-for-profit credit unions best serve their members and compete with the big banks. As a result, our world-class team is growing faster than ever! If you’re passionate about technology and want to be part of a purpose-driven organization, this is an exciting opportunity to provide real value and help shape the future of human-centered financial services.
We are seeking a talented Billing Associate to prepare, analyze, and process client billing line items. The incumbent also maintains accounts receivable and billing records.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Prepares data load spreadsheets for loading into the SQL database related to switch and support activity for the various client groups of CUSO’s, Resellers, Principle, Network Access and Shared Branching clients.
- Assists Senior Billing Associates with the clearing of unmatched and exceptions from data load into SQL database by completing client verification, service validations, and inventory item uploads.
- Assists in reviewing client invoices and trending reports to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and consistency.
- Performs collections on outstanding accounts receivable by making outbound calls to clients, clears disputes through credit process, and provides updated month end balance with current status.
- Assists and/or prepares upload file for ACH debits and credits and submits to management review.
- Assists with aging reconciliation, performing customer account analysis as required ensuring subsidiary ledger balances to the general ledger.
- Calculates quarterly incentives due to business partners based on current agreement.
- Provides resolution to high volume client inquires in a timely manner while demonstrating excellence in customer service.
- Assists in month end closing, as required.
- Maintains an understanding of contracted services related to client contracts and amendments to assist with identifying special pricing and product support fees as necessary.
- Evaluates and understands different types of products, support services, and transaction types to become proficient and effective in the billing process.
- Exhibits strong knowledge of contracts, products and services with the abilities to effectively identify unrelated billing items or explain the purposes as they relate to each individual client.
- Participates in special projects as designated by management.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What Youll Need to Succeed
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- One to two years related Accounting experience.
- Monarch experience preferred.
- Associates degree in Business preferred with emphasis on Accounting.
- Financial institution or EFT/Shared Branching background a plus.
- Strong understanding of contract and incentive terms and provisions outlined in various client documentation (e.g. MSA, pricing agreements, price quotes, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (i.e. Pivot tables, Vlook-ups, etc.) and Microsoft Access.
- Working knowledge of Softrax and/or Great Plains.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Outlook, Excel).
- Knowledge of SQL and Access databases.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage large amounts of detailed information.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Works well under stringent deadlines.
- Good trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Good time management skills.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP’s commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits – Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity, Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits – medical, dental, & vision plus wellness programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Software Powered by iCIMS