Senior DevOps Engineer
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA Rancho Cordova CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
Senior DevOps Engineer
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Sr. DevOps Engineer?
The Sr. DevOps Engineer plays an integral role in partnering with DevOps Architecture, Investment Management Application Development and Operations, along with Infrastructure teams to enable continuous deployment through self-service and automation. This role is critical and responsible for designing, testing, and implementing tools and solutions which align to Franklin Templeton's Investment Management DevOps strategy.
As a member of the DevOps enablement team, the Sr. DevOps Engineer will be the subject matter expert on how and when to utilize the DevOps tools, responsible to keep up with the DevOps community, trends and the applicability of new services into Franklin Templeton Investments.
The ideal self-driven candidate will possess strong communication, leadership and versatile technical skills, along with a hunger for learning, understanding and internal client engagement with a drive to create new, impactful next generation solutions.
- Collaborating with multiple application teams and internal clients to research, assess technical needs and develop new solutions.
- Development of tools and systems to support Developer Self-Service
- Development of tools and systems to support continuous environment monitoring for health, performance and security
- Provide expert guidance to clients, driving solution engineering, and ensuring solution strategy alignment
- Able to independently complete solution implementation and design deliverables
- Develop and maintain a pulse on emerging technologies and identify applicability to internal capabilities and services
- Develop, maintain and improve standards of operational excellence
- Identify, develop and implement redundant and resilient infrastructure and application services
- Channel incoming inquiries and requests by internal and external stakeholders to appropriate resolution.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- Well experienced in key areas such as Cloud Services such as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS on major cloud hosting platforms (Microsoft Azure/AWS), Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and Infrastructure as Code toolsets (Terraform or similar).
- Experienced designing, developing, and testing complex solutions to support distributed, scalable and highly available applications.
- Core understanding of virtualization, private, hybrid and public cloud computing concepts
- 5+ years of progressive DevOps engineering experience including the following:
- Strong systems administration skills in Windows (2012+) and Linux (RHEL 7+ and Ubuntu)
- Automation and the development of automation and orchestration tools
- Continuous integration and deployment methodologies
- System and Network Security
- Monitoring, logging and the development of application, infrastructure and security monitoring tools
- Experience with Powershell, Bash scripting and Java, Node.js, R, Python and C# languages
- Database understanding including MSSQL, MySQL and Postgres
- Strong understanding of DevOps, tools and Developer use of toolsets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with users, management, technical and non-technical teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- Strong communication and internal client engagement skills, with the ability to educate and enroll business and technology customers on practices, technologies and solutions
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of progressive DevOps systems engineering and integration within agile focused organizations implementing complex solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise influencing to business decision-makers by reinforcing the value of cloud solutions
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. For a listing of total rewards in your region, visit our Locations page for more details.