Senior Consultant - Fund Tax
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Senior Consultant - Fund Tax
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
The Fund Tax Senior Consultant will provide tax support to meet operational and administrative requirements with respect to the Franklin Templeton Group of Funds. This individual will complete various tax compliance and research projects as assigned by a Fund Tax Manager.
- Support various fund tax mutual fund compliance requirements including the preparation or review of annual tax return filings, qualification testing, financial report excerpts, shareholder notices, and information for year-end tax reporting
- Perform distribution planning and income forecasting for mutual funds
- Develop tax staff
- Contribute to the development of tax positions on matters of tax law and tax accounting policy affecting fund investments, fund distributions and elections, and other tax positions
- Conduct research on tax issues, shareholder questions and other
- Assist the Fund Tax Manager with special projects that support Fund Tax goals and objectives
- Provide tax support for partnership funds, including support of other teams relating to regulatory filing requirements (such as FATCA and CRS) and investor queries, as well as assisting in preparation of tax estimates and review of tax returns
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5-6 years of tax experience in a public accounting firm with exposure to the taxation of corporations, partnerships, trusts, and similar tax concepts, with a focus on partnership tax
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis on accounting, finance, or tax
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, tax research products, and other tax and financial applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and highly developed time-management and organizational skills.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton". Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.