NAV Analysis Senior Analyst
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
NAV Analysis Senior Analyst
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
Job Title: Fund Accountant - Senior Analyst
The Senior Analyst, NAV Analysis performs and reviews daily, monthly and periodic work completed by the NAV (Net Asset Value) Analysis Services teams, ensuring that the tasks are completed accurately and by the required deadlines. The team's primary responsibility is NAV calculations, reconciliation, and client service. The incumbent will also provide assistance with special departmental projects as required.
- Reviews daily NAV calculations for assigned U.S. mutual funds and other daily tasks in accordance with department's review checklist, and works with staff to ensure tasks are completed timely and accurately. May also complete NAV calculations as needed.
- Reviews daily asset and cash reconciliation work related in accordance with department review checklist. May also complete tasks as needed.
- Assists in the resolution of all issues occurring with the tasks and related processes.
- Assists supervisor in staff and workflow planning to ensure proper coverage of daily work within a specified line group.
- Ensure that all daily work is performed in accordance with policy and procedural guidelines.
- Review daily tasks as needed within the team.
- Ensures all work is completed by the various deadlines, and that the work is done accurately.
- Responds to ad hoc queries timely.
- Escalates items to Supervisor/Manager timely to avoid missing deadlines or inaccurate work completion.
- Prepares and/or review periodic tasks - including but not limited to fund launches, mergers, RIKs (redemption in kind), TIKs (transfer in kind), In Kind Species (non-cash transfers) - for accuracy or reasonableness prior to dissemination.
- Reviews information compiled for external/internal auditors for completion and liaises with NAV Analysis to resolve issues with applicable funds.
- Work on metric reporting & tracking of issues related to level of service provide to NAV Services' constituents.
- Reviews monthly tasks in accordance with department's review checklist and works with staff to ensure tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Provides feedback on departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update all NAV Services policy and procedure documentation.
- Assess skill gaps and training needs for staff, develop curriculum and training materials based on needs assessments and areas identified within NAV Services
- Provide suggestions for improvement to NAV Services workflows.
- Assists supervisor with the preparation of staff appraisals and provide feedback to staff and Supervisor regarding staff's performance.
- Assists in departmental projects as required.
- Acts as a liaison with other business units within the company and also externally.
Ideal candidates will have:
- College Diploma in accounting/business, or equivalent experience is required.
- Graduate level accounting, finance or business courses is an asset.
- Experience of mutual fund industry accounting experience is required.
- Experience with automated financial systems including a general ledger is required.
- Working knowledge of mutual fund industry regulations is required.
- Completion of Local Regulatory Security Courses is an asset.
- Professional qualification in finance, accounting or management (CPA, Merit Awards, HNC, HND, CMA, CFA) is an asset.
- Experience of leading a small team is an asset.
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to work with deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills in in order to analyze problems and determine and/or recommend resolutions.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at www.franklintempletoncareers.com to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.