Digital Prepress Operator
- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 18 Dec 17 2017-12-18
Digital Prepress Operator
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
As a Digital Prepress Operator, under general supervision following process maps and procedures, you will be responsible for assisting in the distribution of marketing and legal materials, accomplishing daily production goals. To achieve this, you'll use your advanced knowledge of automated digital production workflows, pre-flight formatting as well as collecting, processing, checking and uploading files. Comprehend, create and/or manipulate illustrations and images as needed. The Pre-Press Operator is skilled in software applications that support preflight of files and automated workflow creation. The Pre-Press Operator will need to apply a solid knowledge of digital printing processes, keen attention to detail and strong troubleshooting skills as an integral component to this function. The Pre-Press operator will provide technical feedback to the management team and print production management to increase efficiency and effectiveness in the production of literature. Follow industry guidelines on specifications, production process, standards and tolerances. Support production of digitally printed literature on time, to specification and within budget.
What would a typical day entail?
- Manages digital workflows using system templates, automated preflight software, and other publishing tools.
- Performs validation checks and adjustments on digital workflows (specifications, layout, etc.), flagging adjustments as necessary to ensure modifications to workflows processes.
- Documents and flags workflow issues so that they can be updated accordingly.
- Participates in the evaluation, testing and implementation of new software and processes for product production.
- Provides document layout, alterations, adjustments, and text changes based on quality assurance and workflow policies. Provides particular insights and recommendations related to which changes should be escalated to management.
- Performs troubleshooting to ensure products (items) are properly displaying and functioning.
- Organizational and communication skills required.
- Problem solving and self-motivational skills with strong attention to detail
- Apply quality assurance tools and techniques.
- Follow department quality guidelines to ensure work meets quality standards.
- Communicate issues with department supervisors before expense overruns are incurred.
- Check digital workflows for quality prior to production; report file format problems.
- Utilize department MIS systems and processes, data entry and record management; report accurate job tracking information including status, production hours and material usage to facilitate job costing.
- Make recommendations to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with supervisors to learn new techniques and software, complete training exercises, attend classes, receive and provide on job training.
- Demonstrate a high-degree of professionalism while interacting with a diverse group of people. Prioritize projects on an ongoing basis to meet changing deadlines. Manage change effectively while leveraging industry software experience and a strong knowledge of Digital printing industry/process.
What would make a candidate successful in this role?
- Prefer 4-6 years' experience working in a digital workflow production environment (publishing industry) or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Familiarity with management information systems and digital publishing software.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot document format issues and edit documents to achieve output results.
- Proven history of quality assurance for document management.
- Proven ability to manage multiple document formats/revisions/priorities within a dynamic workflow environment.
- Solid MS office skills: Word, Excel: Forms, Formulas, Functions.
- Ability to interact with senior management on a regular basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to always remain flexible in roles by assisting in other functions when assigned area is not busy.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards-the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
* Three weeks paid time off the first year
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
* Employee Stock Investment Program
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
* Onsite fitness center and recreation center
* Onsite cafeteria
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.