Senior Product Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Product Engineer Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 2020-7806
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Senior Product Engineer. The Senior Product Engineer is a subject matter expert on commercial lending lifecycle and logic driven technology platforms. The individual understands Commercial and Consumer Lending process to design, implement and manage the Bank’s in-house loan origination solution to increase efficiency, ensure regulatory compliance and improve data quality. This individual will ensure product initiatives meet objectives in delivering highest quality products, with supporting tools and processes. The position involves working on requirements to design and develop enhancements or redesign existing functionality to improve East West Bank’s loan origination solution to better meet the needs of a specialized product or operations in a different country.
- Design, implementation, and management of the Bank’s commercial loan origination solution
- Facilitate the coordination of technical projects by acting as the liaison between the business users and various technology teams, both internal and external. Works closely with business units to gain in-depth understanding of business processes, challenges and requests.
- Document product requirements (based on understanding of applicability to the business, negative scenarios and system constraints), implementation steps and validation checks,
- Solidify the business requirements, and break them down into user stories in JIRA with clear and concise acceptance criteria.
- Create and document process flows, diagrams, UI mockups, and/or models for the development teams using Visio, MS Word, Excel, PDF, Confluence, SharePoint, and other similar tools
- Manage project / team backlogs and priorities to optimize development resources and meet timeline for deployment
- Identify root cause of failures and issues for existing functionality, document all findings, and propose solutions to CRM Solution Architect and IT Development Team
- Create test cases, perform testing and effectively raise identified defects to be addressed prior to project deployment
- Work with project team and key stakeholders to ensure proper release of bug-free solutions to environment
- Collaborate with CRM Solution Architect and IT Development Team to articulate solutions while ensuring the business requirements are met.
- Enforce established processes, documentation guidelines and best practices
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Business Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Accounting, or related field. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate experience in the implementation of commercial lending platforms
- Strong knowledge of commercial and consumer lending products
- Strong knowledge of commercial loan origination cycle
- Experience supporting Microsoft Dynamics CRM is strongly desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), and Relational Databases (SQL Server) and Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Ability to work equally well on self-managed or team-oriented projects
- Ability to drill down into each business requirement to ensure that what is being asked is actually what is needed and feasible
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent communication skills, verbal and written: Ability to clearly and concisely convey information and translate what the user is asking for into a technical form. Expertise in writing functional specification and use cases is required.
- Interviewing, facilitation, organizational and analytical skills necessary to deliver comprehensive, clear and actionable requirements
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Detail oriented, thorough in validation
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience in both Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Strong product knowledge in the commercial lending space (C&I. CRE, SBA, Oil and Gas, Private Equity, Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate Contract, ACH, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of commercial loan origination cycle within the banking industry
- Strong knowledge of loan origination solution platforms (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics) from a functionality, capabilities, and system constraint perspective
- Master's degree with an emphasis in Business Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Accounting, or related field
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS