Senior Business Analyst
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Business Analyst - Temporary Location US-CA-Pasadena Job ID 2019-7391 Category Other Position Type Temporary
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Temporary Sr. Business Analyst. The primary role of the Sr. Business Analyst is to provide daily functional and analytical support to the Global Foreign Exchange Risk Management Business Unit. Duties include active engagement on all phases of the Fusion Opics Global Solution project life cycle and performing requirements analysis, functional specifications, business processes alignment and documentation, while adhering to internal business standards, best practices and ensuring compliance.
- Providing the FX Business Unit with functional support throughout the application implementation life cycle.
- Liaising with business partners, IT, vendors, and Operations to identify, capture, analyze and document system functional requirements
- Assisting in the planning, testing and implementation of the FX applications and interfaces by following appropriate guidelines and ensuring timely successful completion.
- Identifying system enhancements, documenting business procedures, and determining development impact to system processing.
- Assisting in reviewing business process workflows & procedures and recommending changes for improvement with emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- Partnering with Application Support, Help Desk, DR, Info Security, Business Partners SMEs and vendors in identifying and analyzing system issues and coordinating required mitigation.
- Assisting in the planning of project lifecycle, including but not limited to requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, release management and post-implementation support.
- Providing references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation.
- Performing other duties as assigned including ad-hoc business requests, FX reports, audit and internal control reporting from FX system.
- Strong FX business knowledge and familiarity with FX Products, FX Operations, Processes, Workflows and Trade Lifecycle.
- Experience in requirements gathering and functional specifications and testing, software documentation, and desktop procedures.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment interacting directly with Front, Middle and Back Office/Operations groups.
- Experience working on FX systems such Opics, Corporate Channels, and online portals.
- Experience with UAT testing, System Integration Testing and Quality Assurance Testing. Hands on experience with creating business test cases and test results is preferred.
- Prior coding experience and SQL programming queries is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills and proven expertise leading and facilitating workshops and meeting.
- Hands-on knowledge with SWIFT payments, confirmations, Bloomberg, and Reuters/Refinitiv applications.
- Strong end user computing skills e.g. MS Office - Excel (Advanced), PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5 years functional/professional experience required
- 3 years supervisory experience required
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS