Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Enterprise Risk Manager Location US-CA-Pasadena Job ID 2019-7205 Category Other Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking a Enterprise Risk Manager. The Enterprise Risk Manager will assist in managing the risk profile of the bank by facilitating the enterprise-wide risk identification process, conducting effective entity-wide risk assessments to identify gaps in the control environment, anticipate potential future gaps with changing business environment and complete other risk management duties as assigned. This role will require ongoing communication with individuals throughout the institution regarding risk practices and emerging risks to the bank.
- Perform comprehensive risk analysis and assessment processes with appropriate supporting details to comply with the bank's risk management framework
- Partners on risk assessment approaches, monitoring and internal control framework
- Advise Business Units on policies and internal controls to manage risk exposures in various banking activities
- Reviews Business Unit’s remediation plans based on risk assessment and monitor the implementation of these plans
- Work proactively with the business units to identify opportunities to manage risk exposure
- Review business units’ and enterprise level key risk indicator (KRI) information to produce periodic risk monitoring reports for various senior management and Board committees
- Experience in assisting business units with new or undetected KRIs and key performance indicators (KPIs) and assist with defining the appropriate risk metrics
- Review and analyze other internal and external reports for risk issues using the bank's risk framework
- Manage reporting systems and database access to facilitate more complete and timely risk monitoring and reporting, including identifying any system enhancements
- Execute ad-hoc risk management projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business or Finance
- 10 -15 years of work experience in Risk Management in financial services industry
- A strong understanding of risk management in financial institutions
- Solid work ethics and able to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Ability to make sound risk/reward decisions using a balance of data, logic and intuition
- Proven, proactive approach to problem solving and workflow analysis
- Strong team player and demonstrated ability to be flexible and easily shift among tasks and varying projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables and be able to identify and implement process improvements.
- A strong working knowledge of MS Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PPT).
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS