Risk Management Analyst
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Enterprise Risk Management Testing Analyst Location US-CA-Pasadena Job ID 2019-6809 Category Audit/Risk Management Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking an Enterprise Risk Management Testing Analyst to join the Enterprise Monitoring and Testing team and conduct reviews related to credit risk, operational risk, information technology risk, compliance risk, etc. The Enterprise Risk Management Testing team is part of EWB’s Enterprise Risk Management department and provides an independent oversight function within the second line of defense, by developing, implementing and maintaining a consolidated monitoring and testing program at the corporate level. This team is responsible for developing repeatable testing standards with common methodology, providing governance and oversight, execution of testing program, reporting and communication of results to management, and tracking of exceptions.
- Plan and execute risk reviews according to the established review schedule and on an ad hoc basis, if necessary,
- Monitor and test to validate that key assumptions, data sources, and procedures utilized in measuring and monitoring risk and internal controls can be relied upon on an ongoing basis and, in the case of transaction testing, that controls are working as intended,
- Monitor and test adherence with Bank’s policies and controls, as well as regulatory requirements,
- Evaluate internal controls and identify deficiencies through the monitoring and testing reviews,
- Provide recommendations to business units on how to remediate deficiencies identified as a result of testing activities to maintain an effective internal control framework,
- Clearly write reports that articulate results and root cause and present to key business unit stakeholders,
- Assist in investigation and reporting of issues, conducting inquires, obtaining and reviewing necessary documents and interviewing personnel, as appropriate,
- Maintain an understanding of business operations, operational risks and regulatory guidance/expectations,
- Anticipate changes in the internal and external environment and adapt the testing program accordingly,
- Work collaboratively with peers, business units and other key partners.
- At least 5 years of related experience in risk management, audit or internal controls
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent comprehension, listening, verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, organized, able to multitask and to follow through to the end of assignments
- Ability to make sound risk/reward decisions, while generating logical and practical solutions
- A forward thinking team player that consistently thinks of solutions outside the box
- Ability to work effectively individually and/or in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PPT)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and experience with banking products a plus
- Technical skills to analyze, interpret and test data in a variety of formats is a plus. (e.g. SAS, SQL, Oracle, Macros, R, vEdit)
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS