Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Retail FX Manager Location US-CA-Pasadena Job ID 2019-7349 Category Other Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities. And our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we’re ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States and currently top 5 in “America’s 100 Best Banks” by Forbes, a list where we've consistently been in the top 15 since 2010. With a strong foundation, an enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Retail Foreign Exchange Sales Manager for our Foreign Exchange group. The Retail Foreign Exchange Sales Manager position is responsible for driving revenues from proactively developing and executing new internal and external business within the bank’s Consumer & Business Banking network. He/she will assists branch managers and account relationship managers in developing and executing new business within a select portfolio of existing clients and servicing the foreign exchange needs of existing EWB clients. Additionally, the role will require the ability to cross-sell suite of international, Treasury Measurement/ Cash Management products and services alongside of FX products in order to provide high quality solution and service to clients. Advises clients and prospects on foreign exchange hedging strategies through full range of foreign exchange products and analysis of currency trends. Responds to customer requests for both historical exchange rate as well as currency forecasts. Communicates market and economic information to sales staff and management through evaluations and briefings as needed Analyzes and interprets market trends. Performs special projects and presentations as requested.
- Develop new business internally with Branch Managers and relationship bankers throughout the Retail Banking network through regular portfolio reviews, one-on-one and group FX training & seminars, bank generated and self-developed leads; Develop external relationships with prospects and clients through networking, referrals, product and market education, seminars and industry trends.
- Establish strong partnerships with various product groups (Wealth Management, Private Banking, Treasury Management, and Digital Banking) in order to enhance collaboration, FX product awareness, opportunities, and fee income growth.
- Provide pricing support and cover for all non-dollar denominated FX products, which includes but is not limited to spot, forwards, banknotes, and derivatives at the most competitive prices to secure a profit. Ability to identify FX exposure and to advise and implement effective hedging solution to clients to reduce clients’ FX risk while generating income and enhancing customer relationship for the Bank.
- Developing & supporting all FX initiatives and business development efforts to ensure continued growth & success within the marketplace.
- Gather market and economic data from market information services, industry forecasts, and publications to determine their effect on foreign exchange prices. Communicate market and economic information sales staff and management through evaluations and briefings as needed.
- Provide excellent client services by taking initiative and working independently to address & resolve issues, complaints, and escalations.
- Provide regular sales report and pipeline reports to the management team.
- Understanding of accounting and financial statements with in-depth knowledge of various FX products in order to recommend appropriate hedging strategies to clients. Significant experience in sales and business development with proven track record in servicing Consumer & Business Banking clients
- Strong understanding of international banking, markets, industry practices, and market trends.
- Must have experience with servicing clients, managing a portfolio, maintaining client relationships (internal and external), and ensuring a high level of client service.
- Ability to articulate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with presenting to small & large groups in a public setting.
- Must have strong knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters, Word, PowerPoint, Excel application
- Bachelors (Masters or above preferred) with at least five years of experience in foreign exchange, investment, accounting, international banking or a treasury office environment.
- Experience managing a team and project management is preferred
- Some travel required between branches within the branch network.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS