Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Mortgage Underwriter Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 32668
# Positions 1
Job Family Credit - Underwriting & Analysis
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at .
As a Mortgage Loan Underwriter you will provide quality and consistent underwriting of portfolio mortgage loans, focusing on highly complex loans, to ensure compliance with appropriate company standards. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Assess the borrower(s) ability to repay, including evaluation of the borrower(s) employment, income, credit, assets and collateral as well as clearing any applicable underwriting conditions.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all agency internal underwriting guidelines and credit overlays.
- Provide high quality customer service, including underwriting to the companies service level expectations.
- 3 - 5+ years recent residential Mortgage underwriting experience
- FHA / DE Underwriting experience preferred
- Exposure to underwriting at a national level and in multiple markets
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with front line business unit
- Experience with conventional and jumbo underwriting
- Will consider telecommuting option
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age), sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver,military service protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: