Mortgage Loan Officer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Mortgage Lending Specialist - Field Loan Officer Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 32859
# Positions 1
Job Family Residential Mortgage - Branch Services
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at .
We are seeking highly motivated, hard-working, goal-oriented loan officers to join our growing CRA/LMI Mortgage team and family.
CIT has recently launched our FHA Subsidy Program which allows us to give up to $25,000 towards buyers’ recurring and non-recurring closing costs, buy down the interest rate and in some cases pay the up-front mortgage insurance premium (MIP).
You’ll get to work with a management team that has been in the business for 30+ years and is totally dedicated to helping you build relationships in the real estate community and doing everything possible to help you exceed your goals and expectations.
If you share our passion for making a difference in people’s lives by helping them achieve the dream of home ownership, we would love to meet you.
The Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) will be responsible for sourcing and originating compliant conforming and jumbo residential mortgage loans with special emphasis on CRA/LMI markets.
- Ensures an efficient and compliant mortgage origination process from application to funding by working directly with internal and external groups
- Proactively manage individual mortgage pipelines to ensure contingency dates and turn time standards are achieved
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information
- Practices exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of OneWest’s lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to the Home -Mortgage Disclosure Act requirements
- The MLO may be asked to participate at trade shows, hosted events, community events with the goal of generating mortgage referrals and applications
- Solicits mortgages from external sources such as realtors, accountants, lawyers, business managers, open houses and trade shows
- 2+ years in the mortgage lending industry
- Experience as a producing loan officer with a proven record of funding 5 loans per month
- Bachelor's Degree preferred / High School Diploma required
- Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred
- This position requires compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act) and all related regulations. Upon hire, candidate will be required to be registered in the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS or NMLSR).
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age), sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver,military service protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: