Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Financial Reporting Analyst Location US-CA-Pasadena Job ID 2019-6878 Category Accounting/Finance Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst. The Financial Reporting Analyst will be an integral part of the SEC/Regulatory Reporting and Accounting Policy team. Responsible for the review of SEC and regulatory reporting filings. Analyze SEC/GAAP and regulatory guidance.
- Prepare and review of all public filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and other SEC filings).
- Work with the investor relations function on the preparation of quarterly earnings
- Assist in the ongoing monitoring and interpretation of new SEC/GAAP, Regulatory
pronouncements, prepare position papers on the impact to the company and implement
the accounting treatments
- Review and evaluate contracts and communicate accounting consequences of potential
- Provide accounting support, implementation assistance with new accounting
pronouncements and financial statements
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with other members of the accounting and other departments to obtain and review schedules for the preparation of both internal reporting package and external filings, and to ensure transactions are captured appropriately in the financial statements
- Review or prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the
monthly Board package
- Communicate with external and internal auditors regarding financial reporting matters
- Review the detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial
statements and footnotes
- Provide direct support on various special project
- At least 3 or more years of public accounting and/or public company SEC reporting
experience, technical accounting
- Workiva experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; including research skills regarding current and prospective updates to reporting
- Good understanding of internal controls and practical application to processes and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and
- Banking experience highly preferred
- Must be team-oriented and able to handle multiple assignments and be deadline oriented
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to execute and follow through to completion and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good excel skills is a plus
- Bachelor's degree (8.A.) from four-year college or university; and at least 6 years public accounting and/or SEC financial reporting experience.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS