Avp, Consumer Banking Front Line Risk
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? AVP, Consumer Banking Front Line Risk Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 32904
# Positions 1
Job Family Risk Management - Operational Risk
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at .
The AVP, Consumer Bank Front Line Risk Management Analyst will support the Consumer Bank Front Line Risk Management team in implementing a consistent Front-Line Unit (FLU) risk framework and maintain or create Consumer Front Line Risk procedures to implement enterprise policies.
- Develop a solid understanding of material risks affecting the Consumer Banking business lines.
- Create Consumer risk management reports including monthly Risk Oversight Working Group and quarterly FLU management decks that highlight key risks and summarize risk activities and trends.
- Document monthly Consumer Risk Oversight Working Group activities and action items.
- Coordinate key risk activities across the Consumer FLU including, issues management and new activities/operational changes.
- Monitor all open issues affecting Consumer Banking supporting remediation efforts where necessary and proactively identify impediments to remediation.
- Complete in-depth analysis to understand root cause and pinpoint mitigation opportunities or specific actions to reduce risk and add value.
- Interact with all internal Consumer BU managers to ensure all risk activities are in place and/or assist in remediation planning. Coordinate with second line of defense colleagues as necessary.
- Ensure all material risks and controls are documented, and remediated timely.
- Understand Consumer business and Second Line Risk policies and procedures governing Consumer risk activities.
- Ensure controls are in place to comply, assist in identifying and evaluating weaknesses and ensure any threshold breaches are escalated timely to Consumer Front-line Risk management.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and analysis for Consumer Bank management team, as needed.
- Supports FRM on special projects or other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- Advanced skill in Office Suite of applications particularly Excel & PowerPoint used to analyze risk and create executive level management presentations.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort interacting with all levels of management and leading meetings with cross-functional leadership teams.
- Ability to present complex information in a concise, cohesive and compelling manner oftentimes to a Sr. Management audience.
- Solid understanding and application of risk management concepts including inherent risk, control strength, and residual risk.
- Detail oriented, solid organizational, analytical, and report development skills.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills, able to work independently, but also on a team and to gather inputs and drive initiatives cross-functionally.
- Familiarity with key regulations impacting Consumer Bank preferred.
- Good understanding of analyzing the various risk disciplines, particularly third party, operational, compliance, credit, fraud, strategic and reputational risks preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and consistently deliver accurate information on-time.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and/or provide possible solutions working through ambiguity.
- Ability to look critically across end-to-end business processes to which you are assigned and leverage data and analytics to find innovative ways to solve complex problems.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age), sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver,military service protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: