Venture Capital Vice President
- 175k + Bonus
- Palo Alto, CA, USA Palo Alto CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
A leading national bank holding company is recruiting an experienced Vice President to join a multi-strategy VC/PE group, based in Palo Alto, CA. The Fund invests $3-$30mm of equity in high growth series A - growth-stage technology companies in North America and Europe.
A leading National Bank Holding Company (“Fund”) has launched a is a multi-strategy fund focused on investing in equity and debt in high growth technology companies within the North America and Europe. The Fund invests directly from the Bank’s balance sheet. The Fund pursues non-control investments across a wide range of subsectors, including software, internet, mobile, financial-technology, hardware, clean-technology, and real estate-technology, typically investing $3-$30 million per transaction. The Fund can either lead or follow a round of financing.
The Fund is recruiting a Vice President position that will be based in Palo Alto. The position will require some U.S. and international travel. Candidates must have a demonstrated passion for technology-centric businesses and a demonstrable track record evaluating, closing and monitoring venture capital or private equity investments. Ideal candidates will have 5+ years of work experience, preferably with some component in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital at a leading firm.
The position will be actively involved with the team in the structuring, pricing and due diligence of principal investment transactions. The Vice President will be directly responsible for managing the financial modeling and technical due diligence matters involved in evaluating and closing an investment, which may require directly interfacing with inside and outside legal counsel. Post-transaction duties include the monitoring, compliance, and ongoing support of the portfolio companies’ operational needs, on an as needed basis.
Team members support our focus on building strong relationships with both emerging and mature companies balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers. The Vice President is accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Bank policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the Fund’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- At least 5-8 years of work experience.
- Strong accounting knowledge and ability to analyze financial statements.
- An advanced degree (MBA) is not a requirement for this position but would be looked on favorably.
- Ability to work independently and productively, and thrive in a loosely-structured entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel with strong modeling experience.
- An undergraduate technical degree from a top university is preferable.
- Team player who is open to training and developing Associates and Analysts.
- Significant closed deal experience evaluating private, illiquid transactions.
- Familiarity with venture capital / private equity valuation methodologies.
- High level of initiative and accountability.