Senior Software Engineer- Distributed Applications Palo Alto, CA Engineering Full-time Wealthfront is an interactive financial platform that helps people plan for and manage their financial lives. Our clients trust us with more than $20 billion in total assets (up from less than 11 billion earlier this year), and we are well on our way to realizing our vision for . Do you get excited about scaling a successful product from hundreds of thousands of users to millions of users? Do you love building large-scale production-critical distributed applications which are core components of your product? We are looking for excellent engineers who are passionate about designing and building distributed systems to revolutionize the way everyone can have access to sophisticated financial advice. What Youll Be Doing
- Design, implement, and maintain large-scale distributed systems infrastructure and applications.
- Design and build systems with automated testing, instrumentation, and monitoring.
- Understand product requirements in order to develop scalable and resilient system designs.
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase.
What You Have
- At least 3+ years of prior experience with building large-scale production-critical distributed applications.
- Experience with using large-scale distributed technologies in production workflows (e.g. Kafka, NoSQL).
- Experience with building applications using AWS services (e.g. AWS Lambda, API Gateway, RDS/Aurora, SQS/SNS, EC2, ECS).
- Deep understanding of concurrency, parallelism, and distributed systems concepts.
- Expertise in Java, Python or similar languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, HDFS) a plus.
- Experience with docker and Kubernetes a plus.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. About
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 23x greater than the national average. Weve been overwhelmed by the response and have grown nearly 100% this year already to manage nearly $20 billion in total client assets. Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, well be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.