Technical Writer IV Irvine, CA/en-US/BKC/job/Irvine-CA/Technical-Writer-IV_20-386/apply Position:
Technical Writer IV Job Description:
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for performing usability testing with clients on documentation and utilizing feedback to improve documentation and standards. Selects the appropriate media and distribution methods, develops communications that persuade and influence target audience. Perform writing tasks for technical documents, such as user manuals, installation manuals, help documents, and tutorials. Requires effective planning, scheduling, researching, and writing skills.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches, writes, edits and proofreads more complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, specifications, and online Help to provide clients with information regarding technical areas in a less technical way.
- Composes or updates material that is mostly standardized for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, installation, operation, and maintenance of software and hardware.
- Creates documentation which meets the needs of multiple audiences from novice to expert.
- Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards for text and illustrations to meet business needs.
- Interacts with product managers, subject-matter experts, application development teams, business analysts, management, and others as needed; reads previous documentation and design notes; and uses computer based training or company technical products to gather and research technical information for use in more complex documentation.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology; may maintain records and files of work and revisions; may select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material; prepares documentation for online deployment.
- Creates, compiles, and delivers more complex system/software developmental documentation packages from technical project team inputs, system requirements analysis, system design specifications, technical system design, technical procedure development, configuration control requirements, test and training specifications, and programming notes.
- Assists in creating project plan, etc. for completing documentation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Preferred degrees may include English, Technical Writing, Journalism, or other related degree. Related experience may include writing procedures, training manuals, websites, application documentation or business process documentation.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of information mapping concepts
- Research and analysis skills; analytical, problem solving skills
- Skill in preparation of written material
- Basic understanding of banking and financial services industries
- Technical aptitude
- Proficient with authoring, design, and development tools and technology, as well as programming languages and applications related to documentation including online Help development
- Skill in business communication
- Skill in evaluation of documentation
- Skill in production and quality control using approved templates, processes and corporate standards Skill in publishing system operation
- Skill in understanding and focusing on the clients' needs, establishing credibility and building relationships with clients
- Project management skills, including scope definition, risk assessment, estimating, and reporting; ability to prioritize and complete tasks; strong time management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills, including editing documentation for correct punctuation, syntax, and grammar
- Ability to objectively evaluate documentation /feedback, and to make improvements based on results
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with employees and clients, including negotiation skills
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within the organization, internally and externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Technical Writer IV
Expert/lead role. Extensive knowledge of the field. Acts as lead for functional team and/or critical function. Performs writing tasks for extremely complex technical documents such as user manuals, installation manuals, help documents, and tutorials. Keeps informed of product development activities to determine the need for revisions, corrections, and changes in previously published materials and is responsible for soliciting client input on re-documentation efficiencies. Creates a variety of new documentation including job aids, process flows, or other without assistance and tailored for the appropriate audience. Requires effective planning, scheduling, researching, and writing skills. Provides direction and training to other departments. Works without supervision on highly complex projects. Expert skill level with all development tools and technologies; recommends new strategies, tools and processes for online Help, or other documentation, development. Extensive latitude for independent judgment. May mentor less experienced peers. Typically requires ten (10) or more years of demonstrated experience in technical/business writing.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knights commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day. Location:
Irvine, CA Time Type:
Part timePosted YesterdayPart time20-386 The Industrys Leading Provider of Technology, and Data and Analytics Solutions
Black Knight is a mortgage and finance industries leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the entire loan lifecycle. Black Knight is the provider lenders and servicers rely on to support their strategic goals and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class technology, services and insight with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership.
Black Knight's offerings include:
- Leading origination, servicing and default technologies for lenders and servicers
- Data and analytics solutions to help improve performance, reduce risk, identify opportunities and make more informed decisions
- Information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the loan lifecycle, including workflow solutions, invoice management technology, business intelligence and mobile applications
- Consulting services to help develop strategies that will drive transformative change aimed at improving organizational efficiency, reducing overall costs and increasing customer service and competitiveness