Tax Manager: Business Tax Services
Requisition #: 47400
Practice Area: Tax
Location: Irvine, CA
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Tax Manager or Senior Manager to join our practice.
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to pass-through entities and partnerships for a variety of Asset Management clients
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team helping to provide industry knowledge and experiences
- Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Manage teams of tax professionals and assistants working on client projects
- Advise clients and be accountable for delivering high quality tax service and advice
- Participate in and contribute to market and business activities external to the firm
Additional Responsibilities for Senior Manager:
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billing, collections, and project budgets
- Team with other professionals to identify new marketplace opportunities and grow the KPMG tax practice
- A minimum of five years of pass-through and partnership tax experience in an accounting firm, corporation, and/or law firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; licensed CPA, J.D., or LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Experience with pass-through entities and partnerships
- Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
Additional Qualifications for Senior Manager:
- A minimum of eight years of pass-through and partnership tax experience in an accounting firm, corporation, and/or law firm
- Experience mentoring and counseling staff level team members
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.