VP, Sr. Developer, Poolman
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Dec 17 2017-12-18
VP, Sr. Developer, Poolman
We are PIMCO, a global investment management firm with a singular focus on preserving and enhancing investors' assets. We manage investments for institutions, financial advisors and individuals, helping millions of people around the world meet their financial goals.
Our headquarters is located in Newport Beach, a beach community in the heart of Orange County, California. Your life here brings you to famous beaches, world class surfing, unparalleled hiking and biking terrain and close proximity to West powder in the winter. For families, Orange County offers some of the best schools and safest cities in the country, with 278 sunny days per year.
Our technology powers the firm's global trading platform. We employ sophisticated and cutting edge technology tools that support PIMCO's core investment management strategy.
Why PIMCO? At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below).
PIMCO's Technology Team is organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, Singapore and Tokyo.
We are seeking a lead Full Stack developer to join the Technology Team. The successful candidate will be a key member of the team with the primary responsibility of developing trade order management software across a variety of fixed income products. Candidate would be actively engaged in architecture, design, development, unit testing, and stress testing of a proprietary application generating trade orders, and is a key participant in a small team to deliver front office trading applications. A successful candidate will have excellent programming skills, superb analytical skills, a solid understanding of fixed income securities and markets, and have the ability to work in an organized and efficient manner. (S)he must be able to balance and prioritize various trading needs in a fast paced work environment.
- 3+ years WPF, Python & Java Programming
- Knowledge of SQL (esp. Oracle)
- Experience with Spring / Prism, Maven and Agile development
- Experience with HTML5 is a definite plus
- Ability to evaluate new technologies
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proven analytical / problem-solving skills, time management skills and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills able to present designs, and facilitate design discussions
- Working knowledge of fixed income products (esp. mortgages)
- Ability to work as part of a team with a flexible attitude
- VBA is a plus
- FIX messaging experience at both protocol and format is a plus
- Straight through processing (STP) exposure within the financial environment
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg, various electronic trading platforms and experience using order management systems are pluses
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings with company matching
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
www.pimco.com or blog.pimco.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.