PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The Alternative Funds at PIMCO total approximately $159 billion across multiple strategies and multiple vehicle types (evergreen and closed-ended). The Alternatives Funds Finance Team is responsible for the overall financial accounting, control and reporting; investor reporting; tax structuring and compliance; operations; and investment partner and third party service provider oversight. The Team works cross-functionally with the Product Strategies, Account Management and Portfolio Management departments and reports to the Executive Office.
The Alternative Funds Finance Team is seeking to add a dynamic professional with strong investment company and alternative asset accounting experience to the Financial Control Team. This team member will be responsible for the financial control of a sub-set of private credit funds and will work with the existing team to design and execute an oversight model to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This team member will lead the financial accounting and reporting to all internal and external constituents of this fund group. A significant component of this role will be oversight of illiquid investment activity over a diverse asset class range, including commercial and residential real estate equity and debt, bank loans, asset-backed loans and other specialty finance structured products, subordinated debt, and preferred and common equity in privately-held companies, as well as fixed income and derivative products and other unique securities. The role requires a highly proficient accountant with alternatives experience and product exposure to manage the complexities of diversified hybrid funds. The PIMCO Alternatives business continues to evolve and this is a unique opportunity to join a growing team at one of the largest asset managers in the world. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as lead Finance team member for a new product launching imminently. This includes responsibility for the set-up and operations of a complex fund structure incorporating evergreen fund raising, commitment and call capital structure and slow-pay redemption feature.
- Manage the monthly NAV close process performed by the Fund Administrator with a focus on complex/illiquid assets accounting and valuation, fee and expense review and performance reporting.
- Control the investment closing process for illiquid assets focusing on the functions of finance, treasury, accounting and reporting. Collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple stakeholders, including portfolio management, tax and legal professionals; in addition to the operations team and third-party Fund Administrator .
- Prepare analysis on fund investment pipeline and liquidity.
- Responsible for fund treasury and projecting future fund cash flows for the liquidity management process (including, capital calls, distributions and coordination with the financing team).
- Work with the tax and legal teams to assist in the design and set-up of investment structures for illiquid investments.
- Communicate effectively with the Fund Administrator and other stakeholders to identify and solve issues.
- Contribute to the management and oversight the Fund Administrator through SLAs/KPIs and site visits.
- Control the fund expense process.
- Oversee the external audit, regulatory reporting and other financial reporting requirements.
- Oversee the completion of various regulatory, debt covenant compliance, and other reporting requirements.
- Own the financial information for key client deliverables (investor reports, capital statements and annual audited financial statements).
- Utilize internal and external resources to respond to client, prospective client, and client consultant requests for information in a timely and accurate manner
- Lead the coordination and project management of various Alternative Funds Finance team projects and initiatives.
REQUIRED CANDIDATE PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Target range of 8-12 years of experience in financial accounting, audit or finance function for an alternative investment manager with exposure to credit, real estate, private equity funds or hedge funds
- Ability to implement accounting and reporting for investment structures for different asset classes
- Desire to understand transaction process flows and requirements and develop processes to solve complexities as they arise
- Exposure to private equity and hedge fund structures
- Experience with external audit processes and procedures
- Knowledge of accounting principles including US GAAP and Investment Company Accounting
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Active or Desired CPA license
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Good quantitative/analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized, proficient at time management / project management
- Keen desire to learn and quickly absorbs new knowledge
- Excellent written /verbal communication skills
- Balance a sharp focus on details with an awareness of the bigger picture
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed /require
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 137,500.00 - $ 225,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.