PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position description
The Alternative Funds at PIMCO total approximately $159 billion across multiple strategies and multiple vehicle types (hedge fund and private equity). The Alternatives Funds Finance Team leads the overall financial accounting and control, tax structuring and compliance, operations, and investment partner and third party service provider oversight. The Team works directly with Product Management, Account Management and Portfolio Management groups of PIMCO and reports to the Executive Office.
We're seeking to add a Vice President who will run the overall financial accounting and reporting for multiple complex private equity funds. The role requires a highly proficient CPA with significant experience and product exposure to lead the complexities of the diversified hybrid funds. The PIMCO private equity business continues to evolve and it is critical to have the right resources in place to handle change and control the information flow to meet ever-increasing demands. This is an outstanding opportunity to join growing team at one of the largest asset managers in the world. Responsibilities
- Direct responsibility for the accounting and reporting for multiple complex private equity funds with exposure to both public and private investments across commercial, residential and specialty finance asset classes. The asset types and product exposure will be unparalleled compared to roles at other institutions.
- Constantly strive to learn and understand outstanding asset classes, fund and investment structures and new products. Develop solutions to ensure appropriate accounting and controls are in place.
- Develop and implement robust investor and management performance reporting at the asset, fund and investor level.
- An understanding of an organizational structure, and a proven ability to work across teams and vendors towards a shared objective. Supervise the fund treasury and liquidity management process (including, capital calls, distributions and coordination with the financing team)
- Coordinate and interact with portfolio management team on investment-related reporting matters and transactions
- Lead and coordinate the fund administrator through SLAs/critical metrics and site visits.
- Handle the external audit, regulatory reporting and other reporting requirements.
- Build and run investment-level waterfall and performance calculations
- Lead investor and counterparty due diligence meetings
- Lead the coordination and project management of critical Alternative Funds Finance team projects and initiatives
- Coordinate the funds payment and expenses process to ensure compliance with the fund documents and timely and accurate execution and reporting
- Utilize internal and external resources to respond to client, prospective client, and client consultant requests for information in a timely and accurate manners
Required candidate personal characteristics
- 8-10 years' experience in financial accounting, audit or finance function for an alternative investment manager with exposure to credit, real estate or private equity funds
- Ability to implement accounting and reporting for complex legal and tax investment structures that cross multiple jurisdictions
- Knowledge of transaction process flows and requirements and a desire to develop solutions that solve for complexities as they arise
- Exposure to a broad range of private equity and hedge fund structures (e.g. US, Cayman, Luxembourg, Private Equity, Commercial or Residential Real Estate funds) and product types
- Experience leading both internal teams and external administrators
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles including US GAAP and Investment Company Accounting
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- Big 4 background desired, but not required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent quantitative/analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, excellent time/project management skills
- Keen desire to learn and quickly absorbs new knowledge
- Balance a sharp focus on details with an awareness of the bigger picture
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 137,500.00 - $ 225,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.