U.S. Residential Loan Manager
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
U.S. Residential Loan Manager
The residential loan business within PIMCO has experienced strong growth in the recent past. As such, PIMCO is seeking to recruit a US Residential Mortgage Loan Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing residential loan investment strategies. He/she will work primarily with the firm's private capital funds focused on investing across the capital structure into operating companies and various asset opportunities including commercial real estate, residential real estate and other consumer and commercial assets.
- Manage investments in residential loans in multi-sector investment portfolios.
- Execute/direct trades to achieve those objectives.
- Contribute to the broader PIMCO investment process by contributing relevant market color and independent analysis/research.
- Responsibility for:
- Counterparty Approval, including operational due diligence and contracting;
- Pricing, financing and structuring transactions
- Transaction Management, including transaction due diligence, settlement and surveillance/contract enforcement;
- Vendor management, including servicers, warehouse lenders, rating agencies
- Support existing client franchise by working with account managers to update existing clients on market conditions, philosophy, process and performance.
The ideal candidate will have :
- Minimum 5 years of residential loan / structured credit investment experience.
- US residential loan asset management experience.
- Prior experience with trading, contracting, due diligence, surveillance, vendor management (including Servicer Oversight), and management of rating agencies
- Strong client facing skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- MBA and/or CFA a plus
Critical Competencies for Success
- Ability to develop thoughtful trading strategies for specific objectives and/or recommended alternative strategies for achieving portfolio goals.
- Ability to work across the organization with Portfolio Managers, Credit Research Analysts and Account Managers in a collaborative manner.
- Manage the flow of information from the markets to internal constituencies. Manage external trading relationships to PIMCO's advantage
- Effective client presentation skills. Ability to articulate PIMCO philosophy and process and support new business franchise.
Other Personal Characteristics
- A collegial work style, sense of humor and a thick skin.
- Combines strength of convictions with low ego needs.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, pride/ownership of work and desire to win.
- Ability to remain calm and objective in the face of periods of excessive optimism or extreme pessimism in the capital markets.
- Unassailable ethics and integrity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.