- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 23 May 19
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Transitions Team serves as the integral link between Account Management, Portfolio Management, and IMS Operations when managing portfolio events including setting up new accounts, adding to existing portfolios and changing portfolio benchmarks. The Transitions Associate role will report directly to the Manager of the Transitions team and assist with managing the PIMCO/IMS Transitions relationship. The incumbent will also work on operations-related projects associated with enhancing custodian communication, fixed income benchmark management, portfolio performance, and operations management training for account and portfolio managers.
The Transitions Associate ensures that all aspects to setting up or closing portfolios are handled properly. This will require working within a small PIMCO team environment and coordinating new account-related activities within several departments, including: portfolio management, legal, compliance, funds administration, analytics, performance, account management, and portfolio management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of professional experience within the financial markets, preferably focused on Fixed Income
- Working or academic knowledge of economics, Fixed Income fundamentals, Fixed Income analytics, or portfolio management
- In process of obtaining or completion of CFA desirable
- Prior experience working in Transitions Management
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to face off across all levels of an organization
- Quick learner and adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Demonstrated competence in thinking strategically, analytically, conceptually, and innovatively, including the ability to synthesize and analyze data
- Ability to multi-task, work in a demanding, fast paced environment and handle multiple, competing priorities and projects with high quality output
- Demonstrated ability to navigate unstructured processes and simultaneously manage responsibilities of multiple-concurrent projects and competing demands
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office