Technical Lead - Python
- Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Gemini Solutions
- 14 May 19
Seeking Python Technology Lead with knowledge and understanding of the complete software development process (Requirements, Design, Implementation, Verification, and Maintenance). The successful candidate must have excellent PYTHON programming / development skills (with complete understanding of Object Oriented Programming), UNIX/Linux and shell scripting skills. The selected candidate will be responsible for design, development, implementation and configuration of risk producing and Data validation apps. The candidate will also be responsible for working with Technology and Financial Engineering personnel to test and consolidate and validate Analytics models, as well as develop and enhance tools used for monitoring, testing and reporting on these processes.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience in designing, implementation, and testing of PYTHON applications with complete understanding of object oriented programming, STL, boost, multi-tier architecture, parallel/ multi-threaded programming.
- Knowledge of at least one Python Web Framework such as Django, Flask, etc.
- Knowledge of creating a Python based framework from the scratch
- Exposure to Python Oriented Machine Learning Algorithms and Libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, etc.
- Strong experience in Architecture & Designing, Web services
- High energy/self-starter with the ability to work independently within the firm’s demanding and highly focused environment
- Working experience on creating database/data comparison intensive applications
- Conduct meetings on software designs and code reviews
- Experience in Waterfall/Agile development
- Team Leader, willing to take responsibility and contribute
- Strong organizational, oral and written communications skills
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Requirement analysis, design, Coding & unit testing
- Creation of Architecture & Design document
- Review of Design & code
- Timely delivery of module with good quality
GOOD TO HAVE
Knowledge of finance- fixed income security, pricing and risk data
Bachelors/Master Degree in Computer Science or related field