Sr. Power BI Developer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's Alternatives platform has over $45 billion in assets under management across a mix of private equity, evergreen and hedge fund vehicles, and with a range of target returns. The alternatives platform comprises a broad and growing suite of flexible strategies, focused primarily on corporate, real estate and specialty finance sectors, as well as securities trading, and spanning the US, Europe and emerging markets.
We are building a dedicated technology team to focus on the alternatives business. We are seeking strong Power BI developer who will work closely with the risk, portfolio management, PSG and other business teams to build dashboards for the alternatives investment business.
What you'll do:
- Design and build semantic models and reports in Power BI.
- Participate in the analysis and design of enterprise data warehouse using latest data warehouse methodologies and data modeling techniques
- Integrate, embed and extend PowerBI using APIs (Dynamics, custom visualizations, custom apps.)
- Work with business users for continuous improvement of existing dashboards, reports and datasets.
- At least 5 years of overall engineering experience, strong expertise in PowerBI (Power Query, DAX, API)
- Ability to review data and develop the best visualization for that data.
- Understanding of dimensional data model, principals and industry leading practices
- Experience with cloud architecture and complex data structures (Snowflake and Oracle)
- Experience in asset management/financial services, a plus
- Experience working in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies as needed. You realize that we are in the business of solving problems and making valuable contributions agnostic of technology, but are mindful of the impact of supporting and integrating new tech.
- Expertise in analyzing, trouble-shooting and solving problems.
- Ability to be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office