Sr. Platform Engineer, Business Intelligence
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: POSITION DESCRIPTION
At PIMCO, the Business Intelligence (BI) team is responsible for delivering platforms and solutions that help us extract maximum value from our data. We are working with our sales, product and marketing teams to build solutions that identify the right product for the right client at the right time. As part of this journey, we are looking to upgrade our BI platform to move from traditional reporting to more modern and exciting BI techniques and tooling. This means you'll help us implement capabilities like self-service, data discovery, interactive visual analytics, mobile and cloud BI, search, augmented analytics (NLQ and NLG). You'll be excited about the business opportunities and technical challenges of linking disparate datasets like internal flows and financials, market data, competitor data, performance data, CRM data, marketing data etc. RESPONSIBILITIES
Position Requirements: POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Build beautiful, interactive and insightful data visualizations to help drive key business and product decisions
- Help build industrial and scalable BI platforms to support thousands of users and data sets
- Run proof-of-concept(s) with different tools; score and presenting findings
- Gather platform requirements by engaging broadly with business users to understand opportunities and pain points; analyze platform metrics; get internal and external feedback.
- Help prioritize BI roadmap based on complexity and business value.
- Work closely with the data warehouse team to provide data requirements that support the above initiatives
- Strong SQL skills in a business environment.
- Experience with Business Objects and Power BI
- Experience in asset management/financial services, a plus.
- Strong data visualization and data storytelling skills. You believe that if a picture tells a thousand words, *rows and columns- are not the only way to communicate information.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities. You'll help evangelize the value and potential impact of BI within PIMCO.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies as required. You realize that we are in the business of solving problems and adding value agnostic of technology, but are mindful of the impact of supporting and integrating new tech
- Inquisitive, analytical, detail-oriented and commercial mindset.
- Ability to be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office